Dhurmus and Suntali – the comedy actor duo had been quite successful in fund raising for their social work. While working for others, they have been able to do good to themselves. Now, they are working to raise fund – a whooping Rs. 3 Arba (3 Billion) to construct the stadium.
It would certainly be a challenge for them to collect such a large sum from Nepali foreign workers – who are mostly unskilled labour forces. In their past social work, they had collected huge sum of money. They were appreciated by the people for their selfless work.
I think stadium is a challenge because of the following facts:
- Dhurmus and Suntali have stopped their main job – to make people laugh. They have stopped appearing in TV and films and they have made “social work” their main job. This, I guess, wasn’t what people have wanted and they have started questioning their motives.
- When it was for some poor people, people were willing to set aside a little fund. But, when it is about a stadium – that no poor person will use, people will be skeptical in donating their hard earned money. There is not incentive of feeling happy on helping some poor and disadvantaged group of people.
- In smaller projects – the help was tangible. They could seen the progress of something being built. But, in a large project – it takes a longer time. Dhurmus-Suntali have anticipated it to be completed in 2 years (that is a long time). In most of that time, the building won’t even start – or even it starts – progress will not be visible.
- 3 Arab is a large sum of money. When Dhurmus and Suntali started their work in Giranchowk, they were the only people asking for donation. Now, a lot of others are doing the same. For example, Shree – Shweta foundation is building Majhi Basti (she has complained that there is not enough funding). Rabi Lamichhane Foundation is building a hospital in Raskot. Priyanka Karki has started her own foundation – Ayanka Foundation and there are a lot of other organizations. They will all be going to the same people to ask for money. Can they afford to donate all of them? I doubt.
- People have started questioning the integrity – specially when they don’t have any apparent sources of income. For example, Mukunda Ghimire, has created the following photo of Kunjana Ghimire, Suntali.
Nepali Film- Hariyo Billa
Starring – Sitaram Kattel, Kunjana Ghimire, Kamalmani Nepal etc.
Director – Sitaram Kattel, Kunjana Ghimire
This movie is a social comedy movie sponsored by Rural drinking water and sanitary fund board. The movie is produced for Shuva Media Home.
Watch the full comedy film
What a coincidence: While Binod Chaudhary inaugurates the construction of CG Food Park (probably in India) – Dhurmus Suntali have announced the construction of Cricket stadium in Nepal. (Chaudhary’s Food Park is inagurated by an Indian minister. See embed tweet of Nirvana Chaudhary at the end of this post)
When Nepali cricket team made history by winning the temporary One Day status, the richest person in Nepal, Binod Chaudhary wrote:
Nepali Movie – Jyoti
Starring – Sitaram Kattel, Kunjana Ghimire, Surbir Pandit, Kamal Mainali, Yaman Shrestha, Januka Poudel KC, Deepak Acharya, Suresh Thapa, Bishnu Budhathoki etc.
Director – Dhurmus Suntali
A social awareness comedy movie ‘Jyoti’ is made for the Government of Nepal in support of UNICEF Nepal. The child-friendly movie, features the camera of Gokul Adhikari, editing of Babin Bhatt, writing by Deepak Acharya who is also the chief assistant director.
Watch full movie ‘Jyoti’
The 65 earthquake victim families at Giranchaur were handed over the new residences by the comedy actors duo who turned into social workers after the devastating earthquake of 2015. In their second phase of the construction of residences to the earthquake, Dhurmus and Suntali handed over the 65 residences in a program held on the first day of Tihar, October 28, 2016. The president, Bidhya Devi Bhandari, was the chief guest of the program held to hand over the earthquake-resisting houses.
A video report of the event:
The residences are divided into three blocks. In Block A, there are 23 houses, two children parks, one parking and two public water taps. The key to the Block A residences was handed over by the president Bidhya Devi Bhandari to the locals.
On the occasion of her 29th birthday, Nepali actress Richa Sharma has donated Rs 100,000 to Dhurmus-Suntali Foundation for the construction of Giranchaur Ekikrit Basti in Sindhupalanchowk. Richa handed over the cheque to Kunjana Ghimire ’Suntali’ a day before her birthday that falls on July 16.
On the initiation of Dhurmus and Suntali, Giranchaur Ekikrit Basti is being constructed at an estimated the cost of Rs 40 million. The residential units will house 65 earthquake victim families. Richa told that she was impressed by the selfless deed of the foundation and decided to help them for the construction. Continue reading
Comedy actor Sitaram Kattel, Dhurmus and actress Binita Baral (the Chapali Girl after her debut movie ‘Chapali Height‘) have been appointed the goodwill ambassador by Nepal Agriculture Journalists Academy (JONAA). The actor and actress have taken agriculture as their profession in the recent days.
Nepali Movie – Daud
Starring – Sushil Chhetri, Prerana Sharma, Kunjana Ghimire, Kedar Ghimire, Sitaram Kattel (Comedy serial Meri Bassai’s Suntali, Dhurmus, and Magne Budho) etc.
Writer/Director – Kamal Mainali
The 2007 movie ‘Daud’ is the presentation of Raj Basnet for Indrini Films and produced by Rabindara Thapa. Special thanks to Madan Krishan Shrestha, Hari Bansha Acharya, Narandra Kansakar and others.
Sita Ram Kattel (Dhurmus), Kedar Ghimire (Magne Budho), Kunjana Ghimire (Suntali) and other popular comedians in Wah Bhudi and Loktantra.
The comedy shows Wah Bhudi and Loktantra are not available now.
The actors in the comedy program, Sitaram Kattel, Kunjana Ghimire and Kedar Ghimire are well known comedian of the popular comedy serial ‘Meri Bassai’. The serial being shown in Nepal Television has been running every week for the last half-decade.