Celebrity marriages in 2017 are:
- Raj Ballav Koirala – Raj Ballav gor married with Pramita Bimali in the last month of the year, on December 7, 2017. (My video report here)
- Gamvir Bista and Nishma Ghimire – I missed writing the news report on the marriage of this actress and choreographer marriage. Nishma Ghimire is the actress of movies like ‘Rhythm’, ‘Love You Baba’, ‘Janmabhumi’ etc. (Attached at the end of the post is a photo of the two after marriage)
- Nisha Adhikari – On June 30, actress Nisha Adhikari married cricketer Sharad Veshwakar. On the New Year, she announced her 5-months pregnancy. (Watch my video report here)
- Chandani Sharma – A new actress in the Nepali film industry who debuted in ‘Stupid Man’ got married with Ajay Pokharel in May of 2017. Chandani lives in Australia and she is also featured in an upcoming movie ‘Lamfu’. (My report here.)
- Evana Manandhar – The Miss Nepal 2015, Evana Manandhar got married with Pragun. (Video report on the marriage)
- Tejula Khatiwada – On February 18, actress of films like ‘The Most Wanted’ and ‘Just For You’, Teluja Khatiwada was married to Suman Raj Basnet. (My report here)
Among the five marriages, Nisha Adhikari’s marriage was widely covered in media because both the bride and the groom are celebrities in their own fields. Sharad Veshwakar is the top grade cricket player and Nisha is well known actress who had recently produced a movie as a producer.
After getting married on Sunday, December 3, Nepali actor Raj Ballav and his newly wed Pratima Bimali organized a reception party in the USA. In the party, various Nepali film industry personalities were present. In one of the photos shared by Raj Ballav after the party, actresses Nandita KC, Richa Ghimire and Arunima Lamsal are seen present. Among the actors, Mukesh Dhakal, Bimalesh Adhikari and Mukesh Acharya were present. In the photo, Arunima’s mother Radha Lamsal and Dilip Rayamajhi’s wife and director Prasanna Poudel are also seen.
Raj Ballav and Pratima had tied the knot after the formal engagement some 4 months ago.
Nepali actor, Raj Ballav Koirala has married his long-time girlfriend, Pratima Bimalli on December 3, 2017 in Washington DC. Like a lot of Nepali artists, actor Raj Ballav Koirala is also living in the USA for the last few years. Raj Ballav and Pratima were preparing for the marriage after they got engaged in September, earlier this year.
A video report on the marriage:
Who is Pratima Bimali?
Originally from Jhapa, East Nepal, Pratima and her family had been living in the USA for some time. According to her Facebook profile, Pratima lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota with her parents.
A Biomedical Engineer by profession, Pratima had graduated from the College of Biomedical Engineering and Applied Sciences in Nepal. She has been working for Medtronic as a Supplier Quality Engineer since October of 2015. Pratima and Raj Ballav were seeing each other for a long time (they are yet to disclose the actual love story details.)
[More about Pratima Bimali and engagement]
We call our actors ‘heros’ because of the deeds they do in their movies. They are role models and girls dream to marry them. But, many of the top actors in the Nepali film industry are already married. Most of the wives are also the secret of their husband’s success. They might not be as popular as their husband, but they are equally important in the lives of our idols/superstars. Let me introduce you to the wives of Top 10 Nepali Actors:
Before diving into the details, watch a video I prepared a while ago:
Dayahang Rai and Benuka Rai
One of the most popular actor in the Nepali film industry is Dayahang Rai. Known for his down-to-earth nature and natural acting talent, Dayahang is considered unconventional hero in the film industry. Dayanag is married to Benuka Rai, a singer by profession. Benuka and Dayahang met during a recording of one of her songs and they started seeing each others. Benuka and Dayahang have a son. While Benuka has found a celebrity husband, he has also found a beautiful and smart wife.
Well known actor and media personality Raj Ballav Koirala is engaged in USA on Sunday. In a program held in his residence, Raj Ballav and Pratima Bimali offered engagement rings to each other. Both Raj Ballav and Pratima live in the USA and they were having affair for a long time.
In his Facebook post, Raj Ballav has confirm the engagement, by telling he is not available anymore. He wrote, “Got Engaged. (Is officially off the market lol.)” and shared a couple of photos of the two. US resident director, Suresh Darpan Pokharel has shared some photos of the engagement in his Facebook.
Although the engagement ceremony was held and they have decided to get married, the marriage date is yet to be finalized.
Who is Raj Ballav’s wife?
Three celebrity sons got married this week.
- Mohit Bamsha Acharya (Hari Bamsha Acharya’s son)
- Sakriya Malla (Krishna Malla and Sharmila Malla’s son)
- Dipesh Raj Giri (Deepak Raj Giri’s son)
Comedy actor and the writer/producer of ‘Chha Ekan Chha’, ‘Woda Number 6’ and ‘Chhakka Panja’, Deepak Raj Giri, got a new daughter-in-law, Mira Gyawali. His son Dipesh Raj Giri got married in a private family function. A few close friends and families were invited to the wedding.
Well known actor of the past, Krishna Malla, and his wife, also a well known actress of the past, Sharmila Malla also got a daughter-in-law this week. Their only child Sakriya Malla got married in a private function. A number of film industry personalities were invited in the reception party held after the marriage.
The son of comedy actor and producer Deepak Raj Giri had married in a secret and family event in Kathmandu. According to reports the elder son of Deepak Raj Giri – Deepesh Giri had married Mira Gyawali of Kritipur on July 2, 2017. The invitees in the marriage ceremony were the close family members of the bride and groom and a few film sector friends of Deepak Raj Giri.
According to the photo obtained online, the ‘Chhakka Panja 2’ team was invited to the marriage.
Actress Nisha Adhikari and crickter Sharad Vesawakar have got married in a 5 star hotel in Kathmandu. In the marriage ceremony, no journalists were invited. The photos I am sharing is obtained from the participants of the marriage ceremony.
The bride Nisha Adhikari was groomed in traditional Nepali saree. The groom Sharad Vesawakar also wore Nepali traditional dress made on Dhaka fabric.
Nisha and Sharad relationship
It has been 8 years since Sharad and Nisha had known each other. They were friends in the start. Later they started having a relationship closer than friendship. It has been 5 years since Nisha and Sharad considered each other partners.
Actress Nisha Adhikari’s marriage with the national player of Team Nepal, Sharad Veshwakar on June 30, 2017. The invitation card of the marriage has already arrived to the close friends and families of the two. The invitation card has an interesting design featuring cricket bat, stump and cricket ball.
Nisha has recently debuted as a film producer by producing ‘Jhyanakuti’. The movie is awaiting release on Bhadra 8. The word Jhayankuti is used to represent marriage. Nisha is performing her own Jhayanakuti before releasing her movie.
Nisha and Sharad relationship
Both Nisha and Sharad are well known personalities in their fields. Nisha is a well known and talented actress. She is trained in the USA and is a seasoned actress. Although Nisha is yet to make an impression in the box office – she is known for controversies and scaling of Mt. Everest.
Do you remember the ‘Stupid Girl’ debut actress, Chandani Sharma? Chandani was featured in the ‘Timro Aankhama Aanshu Heri …’ song of the movie (attached at the end of the post). A resident of Australia, Chandani, is also featured in a new movie ‘Lamfu’.
Chandani has found a model and businessman, Ajaya Pokharel (Ajju) to get married. Feature in a lot of music video and featured as a model in a lot of fashion shows, Zaau, is also a celebrity in his own way. Although in the similar field, the marriage between Chandani and Azzu is an arranged married, set by their families.
I wrote about the marriage of Miss Nepal 2015, Evana Manandhar to Pragun. As the marriage ceremony last days, here are the latest photos of the marriage.
Here are some photos of the marriage:
The Miss Nepal 2015, Evana Manandhar, is marrying Pragun. To celebrate the marriage, a Sangeet Night was held at Radisson Hotel, Kathmandu. In the event filled with music and dance, the bride and the groom also danced in the event. In the event, the current Miss Nepal, Asmi Shrestha and ex-Miss Nepals were also present. Evana’s friends and families had attended the celebration.
Photo – A selfie by Asmi Shrestha with the bride and the groom
I will update this post when I get the details about the groom and the history of the relationship.
Miss Nepal beauty contest started in 1994. 20 editions of the contest have been organized to date. Out of the 21 Miss Nepal so far, only 7 Miss Nepal are yet to get married. All the Miss Nepal crowned before Miss Nepal 2010 Sadichha Shrestha have been married. Before I present the list of the husbands of the Miss Nepal, I would like to share a video, I have prepared, listing all the unmarried Miss Nepal from the year 2010 to 2016 and the video clips of their crowning moments:
Here is the full list of the winners of Miss Nepal beauty contests so far:
Married Miss Nepal and their husbands
- Miss Nepal 1994 – Ruby Rana (husband – Prajaya Bikram Shah)
- Miss Nepal 1995 – Sumi Khadka (husband – Chiran Basnyat)
- Miss Nepal 1996 – Poonam Ghimire (husband – Atulya Risal)
- Miss Nepal 1997 – Neelima Gurung (husband photo attached)
- Miss Nepal 1997 – Jharana Bajracharya (husband – Rahul Agarwal)
- Miss Nepal 1998 – Jyoti Pradhan (Dethroned) Niru Shrestha (husband – Prashant Gurung)
- Miss Nepal 1999 – Shewta Singh (husband – Bikash Singh)
- Miss Nepal 2000 – Usha Khadgi (Husband – GP Timilsina)
- Miss Nepal 2002 – Malvika Subba (Husband – Riyaj Shrestha)
- Miss Nepal 2003 – Priti Sitoula (husband – Bijoy Rajbanshi)
- Miss Nepal 2004 – Payal Shakya (husband – Sarun Tamrakar)
- Miss Nepal 2005 – Sugarika KC (husband – Sanat Neupane)
- Miss Nepal 2007 – Sitashma Chand (husband – Ben Price)
- Miss Nepal 2009 – Zenisha Moktan (husband – Dikesh Moktan)
Unmarried Miss Nepal
(As of March 2017)
Nepali actress of ‘The Most Wanted’ and ‘Just For You’, Teluja Khatiwada has married Suman Raj Basnet of Birtamod, Jhapa. The marriage ceremony was organized in Kathmandu on February 18, 2017 at Kundalini Durbar banquet. Film artists, journalists and family members were invited in the cremony.
Who is Tejula Khatiwada?
The bride, Tejula Khatiwada was an actress of the Nepali film industry. She debuted in ‘The most Wanted’ but wasn’t much successful as an actress. I wrote about Tejula Khatiwada in 2009. She had told that she wanted to be a bold actress then. (read the post) Apart from movies, she had also worked in video films, and music videos. Here are some of her movies:
Watch ‘The Most Wanted’ here.
Watch ‘Jawaf’ here.
Nepali actor Rajesh Hamal is one of the top actors in the Nepali film industry. Often called Maha Nayak (Super Actor), Rajesh Hamal ruled the film industry for about a quarter century. He prefers to tell that the film industry grew with him. Hamal is credited for :
- Bringing professionalism in Nepali film industry.
- Being the first educated actor in the film industry. He had done Masters in English literature from Punjab University in India.
- He is considered a no-nonsense actor. Unlike other actors, Hamal kept himself from having affairs with the actresses. Although there were rumours of his affair, all rumours turned fake. Actresses had termed him as the coldest actor in the film industry.
- Rajesh is a good orator and can easily impress the listener by his oratory skills. Proficiency in his English language is also something not seen in the Nepali film industry.
- The height, looks and the physique have also been factors that attracted youngsters of his time.
Rajesh Hamal Love Story