There was a popular song of the past by Kumar Basnet:
“Chori Bhandaa Aama Taruni, Lipsitck powder le…”
The songs says that the mother looks younger than her daughter by the use of makeup. According to the latest news, the song needs to be modified a little bit:
“Chora Bhandaa Aama Taruni…”
That is because, the mother of the superstar of the Nepali film industry, Anmol KC, is getting married. Sushmita got engaged to Fiji born, Australian businessman Killan Swami on September 9, 2018 in an event held in Singapore. They are going to get married on the Valentine Day of 2019.
More details on the marriage is yet to come. There was a rumour about the relationship with an Indian businessman in 2014. It seems, she has taken more than four years to formally accept the marriage proposal of her boyfriend.
At the time when Bhuwan KC is openly courting Jiya KC and are reportedly living together in Bhuwan’s home, Sushmita’s marriage makes sense.
A new entry in the Nepali film industry, Suhana Thapa, has officially started the shooting of her upcoming movie, the third sequel of ‘A Mero Hajur Sequel’ in an event held in Pokhara. Produced and directed by her parents – Jharna Thapa and Sunil Kumar Thapa, the movie is the second movie of Jharana as a director. In the first film, Jharana had acted in the leading role, in the second Jharana debuted as a director and in the third sequel her daughter is debuting as an actress.
(video report coming soon)
Suhana Thapa is the only daughter of actress Jharana. Jharana has been grooming her to be an actress. She had signed in the most popular actor of the Nepali film industry, Anmol KC to lead in the movie in a hefty amount – Rs. 30 lakh. In ‘A Mero Hajur 2’ she had paid Rs. 10 lakh to Samragyee RL Shah – a huge amount for her second film. The investment proved to be a well placed investment.
Actor Anmol KC’s much awaited film ‘Captain’ poster says that the match is beginning soon. There is no indication how soon the match begins. The movie features Anmol as a football player. Popular as a lover-boy characters in films, Anmol has been trying to change his image for the last few films.
In the first four films, Anmol was featured in youth love story films. The fifth film was a bit different – featuring his action avatar. For the movie he had prepared himself by pumping his muscles. He had also changed his physical features to suit in the role. Although the film ‘Kri’ got a huge hype, the box-office collection wasn’t as great as expected. That didn’t make the film unsuccessful. So far, all of his films have been successful and have recovered their investment and made profits.
Actor Anmol KC has turned 24-years old on March 30, 2018. Anmol however didn’t have any public function to celebrate his birthday. Anmol doesn’t like to have party and likes to be alone on such occasions. A Krishna fan, Anmol is the son of actress Sushmita KC and actor Bhuwan KC. After Sushmita and Bhuwan divorced, Anmol is living with his father. His father Bhuwan is currently in affair with another actress, Jiya KC.
Childhood days of Anmol, a video report:
Anmol’s acting career
Anmol debuted as an actor in ‘Hostel’, a movie released in 2013. The movie directed by Hemraj BC was as very good start of Anmol’s acting career as the movie was successful in box office. After that, all of his movie have been successful.
- Hostel, 2013, Prakriti Shrestha
- Jerryy, 2014, Anna Sharma
- Dreams, 2015, Samragyee RL Shah
- Gajalu, 2015, Shristi Shrestha
- Kri, 2018, Aditi Budhathoki
- Captain, 2018 (Expected), Upasana Singh Thakuri
- Kri 2
After the movie ‘Kri’ recovered the investment, the lead actors of ‘Kri’, Anmol KC and Aditi Budhathoki have taken a break from the promotion activities of the movie. While Anmol KC has gone to Jungle Safari in Chitwan with his sister Kajal KC, Aditi has returned back to Mumbai.
Anmol has shared some photos of Elephant riding. Here are some photos of Anmol KC:
I think, it was a huge blunder – a move probably bring down the high expectation of the viewers from the movie.
- The movie ‘Kri’ is releasing this week.
- Last week, Anmol KC and Aditi Budhathoki flew to Scotland for the shooting of a song.
- It seems, the travel was more for Bhuwan KC and his girlfriend Jiya KC than the movie. According to a photo Anmol KC shared, they had met Bhuwan’s first wife, Bijaya Malla KC and his daughter Kajal KC in Europe. (watch the following video report)
- The trailer of the movie was huge success although, there were accusation of stealing contents from Hindi movies.
- The first song of the movie ‘Yeti Yeti Pani’ was also a huge success.
- The second song will probably be successful because of the hype created by Anmol KC, trailer and previous song. But, when quality is considered – the voice doesn’t fit Anmol.
- The second song was released 3 days before the film’s release, in a program held in Kathmandu. The song features Rodit Bhandari’s voice, Rodit’s lyrics and his music in association with Bishesh Pandey.
- The song was shot in 3 days, video edited and released in another three days.
- Was the release of the song necessary? Was it released to cool down the popularity and high expectation of viewers?
- Was it done for an advertisement of a product Anmol is promoting? There is an advertisement board in the song – for a product featuring Anmol with Samragyee in the background of a scene featuring Anmol andAditi. Anmol was reportedly paid Rs. 10 lakhs to be featured in that ad.
- The video is good but the voice of the singer doesn’t seem to fit Anmol. May be it was because the editing of the video was done in a hurry?
A video report about Bhuwan KC’s love story:
The song of upcoming movie of Anmol KC and Aditi Budhathoki, ‘Kri’ is going to release on Monday. The song was shot in Scotland, a couple of weeks before the release date of the film. Aditi, Anmol and Bhuwan KC had gone to Europe for the shooting two weeks before the release dat of February 9, 2018.
The song previously released, ‘Yeti Yeti Pani’ had became an instant success. Anmol fans are eagerly waiting for the second song of the movie. Based on the hype and promotional strategy, the movie will receive a huge initial crowd in theatre. The quality of the film will determine if the film will be successful in a long term.
The song shot in Scotland was shot in three days. The title of the song ‘Maile Jani Najani’ features Anmol and Aditi. The song has the voice of Rodit Bhandari and is made on the lyrics of the singer. The music is composed by Rodit and Bishesh Pandey.
Before the release of the song, few photos of Aditi and Anmol during the shooting of the song was released by the film team.
It sounds insane. The cast and crew members of ‘Kri’ have left for Europe for the shooting of a song at the last minute.
- It is only 2 weeks before ‘Kri’ releases on February 9, 2018.
- The last two week is the prime time for the promotion of the movie.
- The shooting of ‘Kri’ took a long time – there were multiple delays and issues. The release date was also postponed once.
- Anmol had given his full time to the movie for more than a year.
- If the song is added at the last minute, then why should all go to Europe? They could have prepared a set and done the shooting in a fraction of cost and resources.
At the time of the release of Anmol KC’s upcoming movie, ‘Kri’ I am reposting the list of full movies of Anmol KC.
This is the collection of all the films of Anmol KC available online. Anmol KC debuted as a lead actor in his first movie ‘Hostel’. But, before he acted in leading roles, he had also made short appearances in a number of movies as a child artist and he had also appeared in ‘Sathi Ma Timro’. The fifth movie of Anmol KC ‘Kri’ shooting has completed recently and is scheduled to release at the time of Valentine Day of 2018.
[Biography of Anmol KC]
Let’s start with the movies he was featured in leading roles.
More information about ‘Gajalu’ is written in the xNepali movie page. The movie is the debut movie of Miss Nepal 2012, Shristi Shrestha. It is the fourth movie of Anmol KC in leading role, all of which were successful. Other actors in the movie are Salon Basnet, Gaurav Pahadi, Menuka Pradhan, Gauri Malla, Bishow Basnet and Krishna Malla.
After the success of ‘Hostel’ and ‘Jerryy’; ‘Gajalu’ marks the hat trick of successful movies of Hem Raj BC. All these movies featured Anmol KC in leading roles. (Watch them below)
Watch the full movie:
Actor Anmol KC has become the heartthrob of young Nepali movie crowd today. Having debuted in teenage drama ‘Hostel’ in 2013, the young actor aspires to make it big in the Nepali film industry. So far, four movies of the actor have released. It is a record in itself as all of them had been box office success.
This list of five things, that most people don’t know about him, were first published in English daily in 2014. As, the original post is already deleted, I am sharing this for record at the time his fifth movie is about to release in February.
HE LOVES INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC
Techno and house music are Anmol’s favorites. He doesn’t like listening to songs. “If a music piece has lyrics, I get bored and lose concentration. But if it’s an instrumental piece, I enjoy it to the fullest,” he reveals.
‘Kri’ actor Anmol KC hasn’t repeated an actress since he started acting in lead role. In a latest news, the upcoming movie of the actor will also introduce a new actress in the film industry. Anmol KC’s history of actresses:
- Hostel – Prakriti Shrestha (Watch ‘Hostel’ here)
- Jerryy – Anna Sharma (Watch ‘Jerryy’ here)
- Dreams – Samragyee RL Shah (Watch ‘Dreams’ here)
- Gajalu – Shristi Shrestha (Watch ‘Gajalu’ here)
- Kri – Aditi Budhathoki
- Captain – Upasana Singh Thakuri
Video report update:
Although Anmol or Bhuwan KC have yet to confirm the actress’s role in the movie, Upasana has shared a photo of herself with Anmol KC in her Instagram profile.
In a program held in Kathmandu, the trailer of highly awaited movie ‘Kri’ was released. In the program, the actor Anmol KC made public appearance after about one and a half year of hiding. In the program the actress of the movie, Aditi Budhathoki, was also present. Anmol KC and Aditi answered the questions raised by the journalists in the program. The controversy about the release and delay of Shweta Khadka’s movie ‘Kanchhi’ was also discussed in the program. Video report is attached at the end of this post.
Video report: A detailed review of trailer
Watch the trailer before I talk much:
The trailer of one of the most awaited movies in the Nepali movie industry is releasing today. The lead actor and the son of one of the producers of the movie, Anmol KC has also confirmed that the trailer is releasing today. Attached is the new poster of the movie featuring Anmol KC and Aditi Budhathoki in an embrace:
The posters released earlier featured Anmol KC in action avatar. The release date of the movie is also confirmed as February 9. Because of the possible competition, another movie scheduled to release on that day, ‘Kanchhi’ has decided to delay its release by a week. I had prepared a video report about the delay in the release of the Shweta Khadka movie.
The release date of upcoming movie of Anmol KC ‘Kri’ has been finalized for Magh 26 (February 9). The date is the same date in which, Shweta Khadka’s comeback movie ‘Kanchhi’ was previously finalized. It these two movies are released in the same day, it would be a huge clash for them as both of them are the most awaited movies of the current time.
I had prepared a video report of Shweta’s movie ‘Kanchhi’ yesterday about how the song of the movie is setting record viewership.
The release date of ‘Kri’ was was announced by the producer Subash Giri in Facebook after the completion of the shooting of the movie in Pokhara.
Nepali actresses come very cheap when compared to their male counterparts. The actress Rekha Thapa, who claims to be equivalent to a male actress, and always works in female-centric movies, is paid less than most of the male actors. Rekha’s rate is Rs. 5 lakh. Actor Anmol KC is paid about five times that amount. Another actor Pradeep Khadka is also paid more than four times that amount. In Rekha’s last movie, she also paid her co-star, Aryan Sigdel, 3 times the amount she expects others to pay her.
Is it a female dominance or a discrimination? Are the actresses not demanding their worth?
First let’s see who is paid what amount watch the video report:
List of the pay rate of Nepali actors:
- Anmol KC – 25 lakh for ‘Kri’ (Anmol’s father, Bhuwan KC is co-producer of the movie)
- Pradeep Khadka – 23 Lakh for ‘Lilibili’
- Aryan Sigdel – 15 Lakh for ‘Rudrapriya’
- Dayahang Rai – 15 Lakh for ‘Mr. Jholey’
- Saugat Malla – 9 Lakh for ‘Mero Paisa Khoi’
- Paul Shah – 8 Lakh for ‘Shatru Gate’
- Nikhil Upreti – 6 Lakh for ‘Sanrakshan’
The well known actors Bhuwan KC and Rajesh Hamal both reportedly demand Rs. 6 Lakh for a movie.