An interview with popular Nepali Folk Singer Prem Raja Mahat at NRN Conference in Houston, Texas.
It was a very surprising twist in the controversial character in Nepali entertainment industry, Pooja Lama. She has changed her religion from Buddhist to Muslim and renamed herself Amna Faruki.
Pooja told that she has found some good things in Muslim religion, so she has decided to be a Muslim for the rest of her life.
A versatile personality, Pooja Lama, started her career as a model, formed a band and released music albums, and acted in movies. She has equally been in lime lights because of her controversial actions. Some of which are:
- Marriage at 18 years with Biraj Lepchan and divorce within a year (She has a son out of the marriage).
- An affair with a Newar guy while she was in Belgium. The guy’s family stopped him to go back to Belgium when he came back to Kathmandu.
- Sucide attempt – after affair with Dinesh DC failed.
- Release of sex scandal video with DJ Shishir
- Marriage soon after the release of the scandal video
- Pooja told she will participate in Indian Idol – which she didn’t
- After problems in relationship with DJ Shishir she went to Doha some six months back
- She returned back recelntly as Amna Faruki, a Muslim lady in burka.
Have you ever heard of Sudarshan Gautam? If you haven’t, you would better be prepared to be surprised !
Sudarshan is a Nepali guy in his late twenties, planning to climb Mount Everest in 2012. But, this guy doesn’t have hands to hold the rope on those slippery slopes.
That is not all, he also drives car with his feet, does all of his everyday chores without support, and his is hot in Canadian medias these days. Sudarshan is doing fund raising for the Everest summit and other social works he want to do for Nepal.
Sudarshan is all set to drive across Canada with his feet next year, for his fund raising effort.
If you are one of those ‘spoiled kids’ who spend most of their online time visiting explicit websites, be prepared to learn about proxies. That is what Kantipur says:
Internet surfers will soon have to scale the telecom firewall to access p0rn sites in Nepal.
Nepal government is mulling over blocking sex related websites in an effort to reduce Nepali traffic on those sites.
Nepal Telecommunications Authority (NTA) is working is preparing to censor websites through internet service providers (ISP) and telecom operators providing GPRS facility in Nepal.
NTA has been coordinating with the Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Science and Technology and Cyber Cell of the Nepal Police and the preparation on the implementation is expected to be finalized within a week.