Miss Nepal International 2017, Niti Shah, made a huge blunder in Japan when she talked about the education of women in Nepal. She showed how unprepared she was in representing the country in an international arena. But, making mistake is human and, it is the way we learn a lot of things. That is what Niti is being told to do.
I am talking about the suggestion of Miss Nepal 2016, Asmi Shrestha. Asmi wrote a long message to Niti Shah and reminded her about Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt. I din’t know much about Alia Bhatt until I shared Asmi’s suggestion to Niti Shah in my previous post – (Suggestions to Niti Shah from ex-Miss Nepal)
Who is Alia Bhatt and what is Alia Bhatt blunder?
Alia Bhatt is the daughter of a well known Bollywood film director, Mahesh Bhatt. Being from an affluent family, Alia had lived a life in luxury and she could afford to be dumb and clueless about the majority of India. That was until she went to a TV interview and she made dumb mistake in 2014.
This is an update on the post I made a year ago in 2016. There was a new leak of photos of actress Susana Dhakal a while ago. In the photo she is seen in a hotel strategically covering the sensitive parts but without any clothes. The photos were uploaded in her own Facebook page. After the leak she told that she had lost her mobile phone and apparently those photos were in her phone and somebody uploaded them without her consent. The event is a warning to everybody what can happen if you keep the photos you don’t want others to see in your phone. Susana’s scandal was not that big when compared to the following five scandals.
(screenshot credit – Nepal Aaja)
Scandals and the movie industry go hand-in-hand. But, sex scandals are tragic in nature. People need to be more tolerant in sex related issues. I have compiled a video report on the top 5 sex scandals involving the Nepali movie industry personalities.
Video report is removed for now. I will prepare an update in near future.
I have discussed about four actresses and a singer.
The actress of Sunil Rawal’s only flop film ‘Sayaad 2’, Sharon Shrestha has accused the producer of sexual harassment during shooting of the movie.
Some of Sharon’s accusations:
- Sunil Rawal was very touchy. He used to touch the actresses, touch their hands and tried to hug them.
- He forced them to drink wine in his birthday in Pokhara during the shooting of ‘Saayad 2’.
- Sunil held and carried two ‘Saayad 2’ actresses during the birthday celebration.
- Sunil used to whisper in ear and kiss her in the ear.
- Sunil had proposed her to be his girlfriend. In return, he promised to help her become the air hostess at Simrik Air.
But, after that, Sharon and Sunil Rawal reached in an undisclosed agreement and have agreed not to talk about the issue anymore. In the agreement, neither of the party have told anything about the things they had told in the past.
Does that mean, Sharon was true in all of her statement?
The first major scandal of Nepali movie industry was that of the affair between Rajesh Hamal and Kristi KC (now Kristi Mainali). That was even before Rajesh Hamal debuted in the Nepali movie industry. Full report of the scandal:
The events leading to the scandal:
- Rajesh Hamal’s maternal uncle was debuting in the Nepali film industry as a director. Deepak Rayamajhi had studied film direction in Russia and had returned back to Nepal to start his career as a director.
- Deepak Rayamajhi signed Rajesh Hamal and actress Karishma KC (now Karishma Manandhar) for the leading roles in ‘Bhagya Rekha’.
- The Shubhamuharta of ‘Bhagya Rekha’ was held in Hotel Bluestar. The chief guest was the Foreign Minister of that time, Shailendra Kumar Upadhayay. All the guests including the minister and Karishma had arrived in time but, the debut actor Rajesh Hamal arrived one hour late.
- At that time, Karishma demanded Rs. 10,000 more if she has to be featured opposite to a new actor.
- Rayamajhi signed in Kristi KC after Karishma was out of the team.
- After shooting for a few days, Deepak Raymajhi was rumoured to have suspected Rajesh Hamal and Kristi KC having an affair. He kicked out both Rajesh Hamal and Kristi KC from the movie.
- Rajesh Hamal was replaced by Rabindra Khadka and Kristi KC was replaced by Mausami Malla.
- The movie was successful and established Deepak Rayamajhi as a credible film director in the Nepali movie industry.
I have compiled the list of five top actresses in terms of the controversy they have created or were forced upon. The top ranking is based on the amount of the impact the controversy has done to them. Some had positive impact the have been stronger and others have failed to cope with it and have left the film industry. Here is the ranking (links to the posts with the actress tagged in them):
- Rekha thapa
- Namrata Shrestha
- Sushma Karki
- Pooja Lama
- Sumina Ghimire
A video report on these actresses:
Rekha Thapa tops the list because scandals have helped the actress in gaining the top position in the Nepali film industry. Rekha is an example to prove that scandals can be helpful. But, when we look into other actresses in Nepali film industry, Rekha proves to be an exception. Some of the most controversial stuffs of Rekha include:
In a long message posted by actress Namrata Shrestha in her Facebook account, she has asked her fans not to believe in baseless rumors.
Various online blogs and click-farms have been spreading baseless rumors creating a crisis of trust of the online media. Namrata’s rumor about the Communication Minister Minendra Rijal asking her a sexual favor for National Award is one of the latest such rumor.
Full text of Namrata’s statement:
Bollywood actress of Nepali origin, Manisha Koirala, is facing tough time with rumors of divorce with her newly wed husband, Samrat Dahal. It is not clear how the rumor started but, we hope it started with a minor hiccup, common in one’s married life.
The following list of links feature Nepali model, actress, and singer, Pooja Lama in various stages after the release of her sex scandal. In the short time she got married, separated, gone to middle east, and has transformed herself from Buddhist to Muslim.
But, this is only a small part of her life after October of 2009.
A similar list can be created for the life of Pooja Lama before 2009.
Pooja got married at 18. She gave birth to a son and got separated from the first husband.
It was a very surprising twist in the controversial character in Nepali entertainment industry, Pooja Lama. She has changed her religion from Buddhist to Muslim and renamed herself Amna Faruki.
Pooja told that she has found some good things in Muslim religion, so she has decided to be a Muslim for the rest of her life.
A versatile personality, Pooja Lama, started her career as a model, formed a band and released music albums, and acted in movies. She has equally been in lime lights because of her controversial actions. Some of which are:
- Marriage at 18 years with Biraj Lepchan and divorce within a year (She has a son out of the marriage).
- An affair with a Newar guy while she was in Belgium. The guy’s family stopped him to go back to Belgium when he came back to Kathmandu.
- Sucide attempt – after affair with Dinesh DC failed.
- Release of sex scandal video with DJ Shishir
- Marriage soon after the release of the scandal video
- Pooja told she will participate in Indian Idol – which she didn’t
- After problems in relationship with DJ Shishir she went to Doha some six months back
- She returned back recelntly as Amna Faruki, a Muslim lady in burka.
She said love don’t come easy
But it’s a game of give and take
You can’t hurry love â€¦
That was from one of Phil Collinsâ€™ song. Who else can validate the notion that one canâ€™t hurry love than Pooja Lama? Pooja was involved in a scandal, then she got married, started living separately after two weeks of marriage, and now she admits that she canâ€™t live with her husband.
Pooja Lama, scandal/marriage timeline
In America, Paris Hilton’s notorious sex tape started her career in the glamour industry but in Vietnam, an online sex video starring TV sweetheart Hoang Thuy Linh has question marked her career!
In Vietnam, however, this 19-year-old’s online antics has the entire nation calling them — and her — an unforgiveable disgrace.
In “Vang Anh’s Diaries,” Thuy Linh starred as a high school girl who upholds Vietnam’s traditional virtues. Translation? Women are chaste — not churning with sexual desire. Then the 16-minute video hit. Thanks to four college students who posted the clip on the Internet on October 15, the world watched this teen queen and her former boyfriend do the nasty knowing that the camera was on them.
In no time, her TV show was dumped by her network. The tearful actress in national TV said, “I made a mistake, a terrible mistake. I apologize to you, my parents, my teachers and my friends.”
But “damage” was already done! Her boyfriend will be forgiven but she won’t! (more photos of her below.)