I wrote about the flood of beauty contests in December when there were 3 beauty contests being held in a week’s time (hat-trick, if you like – Republica Miss Teen, Riddhi Siddhi Miss Teen, and Miss Teen Tamang). After that, we had College Ambassador, Miss Mangol, Miss India Worldwide Nepal, Kid Queen, Miss Lumbini, and announcements of Miss Tamang (canceled) plus combined Miss Tamang and Miss Aryan. That is not all, we have a recent announcement of yet another contest, Miss Angel 2010.
The organizers of Miss Angel believe that the event will be nearly equivalent to Miss Nepal in terms of size! (But, I don’t have any reason to believe it.) The event is going to be held on July 17. They have only a month to prepare for the event and they want it to make a grand eventâ€¦ It however looks better in terms of prizes â€“ Rs. 100,000 for the winner and 50,000 and 30,000 for the first and second runner up is not a bad prize money.
A rough history of beauty contests from November to May (10 contests in 7 months and another hat-trick beauty contest announcement for July)**
- Mr and Miss Kathmandu â€“ November, 2009
- College Ambassador â€“ December, 2009
- Miss Newa – December, 2009
- Republica Miss Teen â€“ December, 2009
- Miss Teen Tamang â€“ December, 2009
- Riddhi Siddhi Miss Teen â€“ January, 2010
- Miss Mangol â€“ March, 2010
- Miss India Worldwide Nepal â€“ March, 2010
- Kid Queen â€“ May, 2010
- Miss Lumbini â€“ May, 2010
- Miss Tamang â€“ July, 2010 (announced)
- Miss Aryan â€“ July, 2010 (announced)
- Miss Angel â€“ July, 2010 (announced)
** â€“ This is a rough and unofficial statistics based on our previous reporting. There might have been more contests at that time.
Looking at the above statistics, don’t you think we should have been bagging some Miss Worlds, Miss Universe and such international beauty contests based on the interest and energy Nepali are spending in beauty contests?