There are various reports of Nepali movies taking the concepts, stories, and step-by-step scenes from various foreign movies. The posters are easily spotted and identified. The following list shows the list of movie posters that were stolen from foreign movie posters.
Copy-paste posters and movies:
- Poster of ‘Jerryy’ and ‘Bidhuwa’ poster – Bidhuwa poster was a photoshop poster. ‘Jerryy’ poster was only similar concept.
- ‘Wrong Way’ poster photoshop of ‘Mallika’ poster
- ‘Chapali Height‘ poster photoshop of ‘Basic Instinct’
- ‘Urabahi’ poster photoshop of ‘Snitch’ poster
- ‘Producer’ poster photoshop of ‘Casino Jack’
- ‘Premika’ poster copy of ‘100% Love’ poster
- In a 2010 article on height of plagiarism in Nepali movies, we shared the photos of ‘Ghamanda’ poster being exact copy of ‘The Blade’ poster, Rekha Thapa‘s movie ‘Hifajat‘ being an exact copy of the poster of ‘Resident Evil’ and ‘Tridev’ being exact copy of Hindi movie ‘Tashan’ poster.
- A part of ‘Devyani’ poster was copied from ‘Perfume’.
- ‘Farkera Herda’ used Yuna Upreti‘s face on the Katarina Kaif photo.
In addition to copy-paste poster, copy-paste advertisements are also seen in Nepali media.
That’s not all, we have seen the logos of almost all of the banks in Nepal were also copied from the logos of other foreign institutions. (read about बैंकहरुको लोगोको डिजाइन चोरि in our Nepali blog.)
Read about the articles in National media, that were stolen from foreign media (in Nepali blog).
Another blog post on the copy-pasting of book covers of Nepali books (book cover plagiarism)
Even academic research papers were also found to be wholly copied from another paper by one of the top official of Tribhuvan University.