Nepali Movie – A Mero Hajur 2
Starring – Samragyee RL Shah, Salin M Baniya etc.
Director – Jharana Thapa
‘A Mero Hajur’ sequel ‘A Mero Hajur 2’ is produced and directed by actress Jharana Thapa. The debut movie of Jharana as a director was successful in the box office. The hit actress of ‘Dreams’, Samragyee RL Shah’s second movie was also successful making her the most desirable and demanded actress in the film industry.
Watch the full film:
Credit Budha Subba
The sixth NFDC National Film Award 2074 was held in Kathmandu on April 27, 2018 at Hayat Hotel. The best film in the award ceremony was ‘Shatru Gate’. The film also won best editing, script, and sound effects. The best director award was awarded to Milan Chams for his film ‘Lily Bily’. Actress Benisha Hamal became the best actress and Anmol KC was awarded the best actor award. ।
The award ceremony was held outside. But, when it started raining all of a sudden, everything became difficult to manage. One of the organizers, Nikita Poudel had told that the event was held outside because indoor halls were not available.
Because of the heavy rain, cultural program in the award ceremony were cancelled.
- Best Film – Shatru Gate
- Best Director – Milan Chams (Lily Bily)
- Best Actor – Anmol KC (Kri)
- Best Actress – Benisha Hamal (Blind Rocks)
- Best Assistant Director – Prashanta Tamrakar (Aishwarya)
- Best Supporting Actress – Keki Adhikari (Aishwarya)
- Best New Actor – Ashirman Deshraj Joshi (Gangster Blues)
- Best New Actress – Jassita Gurung (Lily Bily)
- Best Comedy Actor – Kedar Ghimire (Chhakka Panja 2)
- Best Script – Deepak Raj Giri and Pradeep Bhattarai (Shatru Gate)
- Best story and dialogue – Deepak, Jitu Nepal, Kedar Ghimire, Abhmanyu Nirabi (Chhakka Panja 2)
- Best Cinematography – Sudeep baral (Lily Bily)
- Best Editing – Mitra D Gurung (Shatru Gate)
- Best Musician – Rajan Raj Siwakoti – Kutu Ma Kutu (2 Rupayia)
- Best Lyricist – Dr. Krishna Hari Baral (A Mero Hajur 2)
- Best Singer – Anju Panta and Sugam Pokharel – Timi Royeko Pal (Aishwarya)
- Best Choreographer – Kabi Raj Gahatraj (Shatru Gate)
- Best Action director – Chandra Panta (Kri)
- Best Sound Design – Amit Shrestha (Shatru Gate)
- Best Background Music – Aish Karki (Lily Bily)
- Jury Award – Ramesh Budhathoki for (Bhui Manchhe)
- Best Commercial film – Chhakka Panja 2
Nepali actress Samragyee RL Shah is currently in Australia for the screening of her second movie ‘A Mero Hajur 2’. The movie produced and directed by another well known actress, Jharana Thapa, was well received by the viewers at home. A sequel of a successful movie ‘A Mero Hajur’ features new artists although they are both produced by the same team.
The premier of the movie was held in Australia and the dress Samragyee wore at the event was very attractive and hot.
Samragyee’s first Australia tour
The sequel of hit movie, ‘A Mero Hajur’, titled ‘A Mero Hajur 2’ was released in theatres all over Nepal on Friday, September 1, 2017. The movie featuring Samragyee RL Shah and Salinman Baniya marks the debut of actress Jharana Thapa as a film director. Produced by Jharana’s husband, Sunil Kumar Thapa, the movie is made under Suhana Films banner.
The movie producers held a premier show of the movie on Thursday. The viewers in the show had given positive response in terms of the acting of the artists and the story. With Samragyee and Salinman, other artists in the movie include Salon Basnet, Amar Subedi, Suman Poudel and others.
The director, Jharana Thapa
Read the biography of Jharana Thapa
A well known actress, Jharana Thapa is also known as a successful producer. Her husband Sunil Kumar Thapa produces movies in Jharana’s name. The film production company is named after their daughter Suhana Thapa. Suhana is currently in the USA for her studies. There are reports that Jharana has also obtained the Green Card in the US. In the past, actress Arunima Lamsal and actor Dilip Rayamajhi had obtained Greem Card after applying from Nepal.
The second music video of the awaited movie ‘A Mero Hajur 2’ has been released. The first song was popular because of the beautiful sceneries and the second is being popular for the traditional Nepali attire.
The song tireld ‘Kinideuna Saila …’ featuring Samragyee R L Shah is composed in a traditional Nepali folk style music. The song featues the lyrics and music of Basanta Sapkota and the voice of Sadhana Sargam. The choreography of the dance is done by Kabiraj Gahatraj.
The song has received positive response from the viewers for the music and the costume of the actress. The actress Samragyee is popular for he beauty and acting skill in her debut movie ‘Dreams’. She has been very popular and successful after the debut movie although the only movie released so far is the debut movie. In coming days, three of Samragyee’s movies are releasing in a short time. ‘A Mero Hajur’ and ‘Timi Sanga’ feature Samragyee in leading role. Another movie, ‘Mangalam’ features Samragyee in a guest role.
About ‘A Mero Hajur 2’
The sequel of ‘A Mero Hajur’ – a superhit movie featuring actress Jharana Thapa opposite to late Shree Krishna Shrestha is directed by Jharana. The lead actress is Samratyee RL Shah with Salin Man Baniya and Salon Basnet. The movie is made on the story of a popular astrologer, Harihar Adhikari. The screenplay and dialogue are jointly written by Harihar Adhikari and Samipya Timilsina. Cinematographer is Sanjay Lama. Music in the movie are composed by Basanta Sapkota and Kalyan Singh. Action by Roshan Shrestha, background score by Sailesh Shrestha, choreography by Renasha Rai and Kabiraj Gahatraj.
The actress Samragyee RL Shah was one of the most talked about actress of the year 2073. By the way she was covered in the media, it seems she was given more importance than she really deserves because:
- No movies of Samragyee were released in the whole year, 2073. Although she signed in ‘A Mero Hajur 2’ and ‘Timi Sanga’, no trailer or music videos of the movies were released until the end of the year.
- The movie, released previous year, in 2072, ‘Dreams’ was the debut movie of Samragyee and, her second movie is yet to release.
- Samragyee wasn’t even active in the film industry or the entertainment industry before signing in her first movie, ‘Dreams’. Although Samragyee did some modeling assignments after participating and becoming the third in Classic Diamond contest, 2014, she is not much active in modelling.
Then why did she became so popular the whole year?
Let me analyze some of the facts that made her popular:
After the success of ‘Dreams’, Samragyee took no time in hiking her price. Before the release of the movie, she had verbally agreed to do the movie ‘Summer Love’. But, when the movie became a hit, she reportedly demanded Rs. 5 lakhs to do the movie. That is the price unheard of from an actress in the Nepali movie industry, let alone from a new actress. After that, the ‘Summer Love’ team decided to search for another actress. They even search for a Nepali actress in Australia. But, at last, they found Rewati Chhetri – an Indian actress of Nepali origin. Rewati was one of the contestants of Miss India 2015.
On the 21st birthday, Samragyee shared photos with Mayank Khadka. The photos showing her in close embrace with Khadka was the topic of discussion in media. Khadka reportedly went to Pokhara to meet Samragyee at the shooting location of ‘A Mero Hajur 2’. Samragyee however denied love affair and told that Mayank was her good friend . (Photo attached below) Continue reading
Jharana Thapa Birthday: A Mero Hajur 2 release date announced
The actress debuting as a director in ‘A Mero Hajur 2’, Jharana Thapa celebrated her birthday on March 26, 2016. During the celebration of the director, the release date of the movie was announced and a song was released online.
The movie is going to release on September 1, 2017 (that is – Bhadra 16, 2074 BS). After the announcement of the release date the title song of the movie was also released online. The song titled ‘A Mero Hajur’ was shot at the lake located at the highest point in the world. The song features the heart touching scenery.
A Mero Hajur 2 music video
The second movie of actress Samragyee RL Shah is ready to release. The movie is special because of at least the following three reasons:
- The movie marks the debut of well known actress Jharana Thapa as a director.
- The movie is the second movie of one of the most talked about actress Samragyee RL Shah. Her first movie ‘Dreams’ created a huge image of her in the film industry. This movie is expected to define the career of Samragyee in the Nepali movie industry.
- The movie is the sequel of a hit movie ‘A Mero Hajur’ of Jharana Thapa. It is particularly important because the sequel of another hit movie ‘Darpan Chhaya’ – ‘Darpan Chhaya 2’ flopped recently. The sequel of another hit movie ‘Loot’ also couldn’t live up to the expectation of the viewers.
The third reason is really important in the Nepali movie industry because, there had been a flood of sequel movies. It was not only successful movie even the sequels of flop movies like ‘Bindaas’ had been made more than once. But, the sad truth is that many sequels have failed to attract the viewers to the theatre.
Actress Jharana Thapa has gone in a USA vacation with her family at an odd time – right after the completion of the shooting of her debut movie as a director. There is only 4 months before the movie’s scheduled release on March 31, 2017. Although the shooting has finished, there is a lot of work in terms of editing and compiling the whole film. Promotional aspect is another time consuming and important aspect of the movie business. Jharana Thapa is both the producer and the director of ‘A Mero Hajru 2’.
Being a debut movie, being both the producer and the director of the movie and going in vacation a few months before the release of the movie doesn’t make sense to me. I think, it is odd time because:
- A director is the caption of the ship – involved in every stage of a film production. The directors have a very important role in the editing and dubbing part of the movie.
- Jharana and her husband Sunil Kumar Thapa are also the producer of the movie. I think it is odd timing to leave the country at this time.
Actor Salon Basent has been annouced to be featured oppoiste ot Samragyee RL Shah in Jharana Thapa’s debut movie as a director, ‘A Mero Hajur 2’. The sequel of another movie produced by Jharana, ‘A Mero Hajur’ was initially announced about two years ago at the 7th NEFTA Award Ceremony held in Hong Kong. Jharana had told that the ‘Dreams’ actress Samragyee RL Shah was signed in Rs. 500,000, probably the highest amount for an actress. The sign-up amount of Salon is not known.
In a latest report, ‘Dreams’ actress Samragyee RL Shah has signed in the actress Jharana Thapa‘s directorial debut movie ‘E Mero Hajur 2’. According to reports, Samragyee was paid Rs. 5 lakh for her role in the movie. The amount is a huge amount to be paid to an actress in the Nepali movie industry. Video report:
The original ‘A Mero Hajur’ was directed by late director Shiva Regmi and featured Jharana Thapa and late Shree Krishna Shrestha in leading role. The new movie will feature new actors but, there has been no words on who the lead actor be to be featured opposite to Samragyee.
Watch ‘A Mero Hajur’ here. There is another movie with similar title titled ‘Mero Hajur’ (watch ‘mero Hajur’ here).