The sixth NFDC National Film Award 2074 was held in Kathmandu on April 27, 2018 at Hayat Hotel. The best film in the award ceremony was ‘Shatru Gate’. The film also won best editing, script, and sound effects. The best director award was awarded to Milan Chams for his film ‘Lily Bily’. Actress Benisha Hamal became the best actress and Anmol KC was awarded the best actor award. ।
The award ceremony was held outside. But, when it started raining all of a sudden, everything became difficult to manage. One of the organizers, Nikita Poudel had told that the event was held outside because indoor halls were not available.
Because of the heavy rain, cultural program in the award ceremony were cancelled.
- Best Film – Shatru Gate
- Best Director – Milan Chams (Lily Bily)
- Best Actor – Anmol KC (Kri)
- Best Actress – Benisha Hamal (Blind Rocks)
- Best Assistant Director – Prashanta Tamrakar (Aishwarya)
- Best Supporting Actress – Keki Adhikari (Aishwarya)
- Best New Actor – Ashirman Deshraj Joshi (Gangster Blues)
- Best New Actress – Jassita Gurung (Lily Bily)
- Best Comedy Actor – Kedar Ghimire (Chhakka Panja 2)
- Best Script – Deepak Raj Giri and Pradeep Bhattarai (Shatru Gate)
- Best story and dialogue – Deepak, Jitu Nepal, Kedar Ghimire, Abhmanyu Nirabi (Chhakka Panja 2)
- Best Cinematography – Sudeep baral (Lily Bily)
- Best Editing – Mitra D Gurung (Shatru Gate)
- Best Musician – Rajan Raj Siwakoti – Kutu Ma Kutu (2 Rupayia)
- Best Lyricist – Dr. Krishna Hari Baral (A Mero Hajur 2)
- Best Singer – Anju Panta and Sugam Pokharel – Timi Royeko Pal (Aishwarya)
- Best Choreographer – Kabi Raj Gahatraj (Shatru Gate)
- Best Action director – Chandra Panta (Kri)
- Best Sound Design – Amit Shrestha (Shatru Gate)
- Best Background Music – Aish Karki (Lily Bily)
- Jury Award – Ramesh Budhathoki for (Bhui Manchhe)
- Best Commercial film – Chhakka Panja 2
I think, it was a huge blunder – a move probably bring down the high expectation of the viewers from the movie.
- The movie ‘Kri’ is releasing this week.
- Last week, Anmol KC and Aditi Budhathoki flew to Scotland for the shooting of a song.
- It seems, the travel was more for Bhuwan KC and his girlfriend Jiya KC than the movie. According to a photo Anmol KC shared, they had met Bhuwan’s first wife, Bijaya Malla KC and his daughter Kajal KC in Europe. (watch the following video report)
- The trailer of the movie was huge success although, there were accusation of stealing contents from Hindi movies.
- The first song of the movie ‘Yeti Yeti Pani’ was also a huge success.
- The second song will probably be successful because of the hype created by Anmol KC, trailer and previous song. But, when quality is considered – the voice doesn’t fit Anmol.
- The second song was released 3 days before the film’s release, in a program held in Kathmandu. The song features Rodit Bhandari’s voice, Rodit’s lyrics and his music in association with Bishesh Pandey.
- The song was shot in 3 days, video edited and released in another three days.
- Was the release of the song necessary? Was it released to cool down the popularity and high expectation of viewers?
- Was it done for an advertisement of a product Anmol is promoting? There is an advertisement board in the song – for a product featuring Anmol with Samragyee in the background of a scene featuring Anmol andAditi. Anmol was reportedly paid Rs. 10 lakhs to be featured in that ad.
- The video is good but the voice of the singer doesn’t seem to fit Anmol. May be it was because the editing of the video was done in a hurry?
A video report about Bhuwan KC’s love story:
The song of upcoming movie of Anmol KC and Aditi Budhathoki, ‘Kri’ is going to release on Monday. The song was shot in Scotland, a couple of weeks before the release date of the film. Aditi, Anmol and Bhuwan KC had gone to Europe for the shooting two weeks before the release dat of February 9, 2018.
The song previously released, ‘Yeti Yeti Pani’ had became an instant success. Anmol fans are eagerly waiting for the second song of the movie. Based on the hype and promotional strategy, the movie will receive a huge initial crowd in theatre. The quality of the film will determine if the film will be successful in a long term.
The song shot in Scotland was shot in three days. The title of the song ‘Maile Jani Najani’ features Anmol and Aditi. The song has the voice of Rodit Bhandari and is made on the lyrics of the singer. The music is composed by Rodit and Bishesh Pandey.
Before the release of the song, few photos of Aditi and Anmol during the shooting of the song was released by the film team.
It sounds insane. The cast and crew members of ‘Kri’ have left for Europe for the shooting of a song at the last minute.
- It is only 2 weeks before ‘Kri’ releases on February 9, 2018.
- The last two week is the prime time for the promotion of the movie.
- The shooting of ‘Kri’ took a long time – there were multiple delays and issues. The release date was also postponed once.
- Anmol had given his full time to the movie for more than a year.
- If the song is added at the last minute, then why should all go to Europe? They could have prepared a set and done the shooting in a fraction of cost and resources.
In a program held in Kathmandu, the trailer of highly awaited movie ‘Kri’ was released. In the program, the actor Anmol KC made public appearance after about one and a half year of hiding. In the program the actress of the movie, Aditi Budhathoki, was also present. Anmol KC and Aditi answered the questions raised by the journalists in the program. The controversy about the release and delay of Shweta Khadka’s movie ‘Kanchhi’ was also discussed in the program. Video report is attached at the end of this post.
Video report: A detailed review of trailer
Watch the trailer before I talk much:
The trailer of one of the most awaited movies in the Nepali movie industry is releasing today. The lead actor and the son of one of the producers of the movie, Anmol KC has also confirmed that the trailer is releasing today. Attached is the new poster of the movie featuring Anmol KC and Aditi Budhathoki in an embrace:
The posters released earlier featured Anmol KC in action avatar. The release date of the movie is also confirmed as February 9. Because of the possible competition, another movie scheduled to release on that day, ‘Kanchhi’ has decided to delay its release by a week. I had prepared a video report about the delay in the release of the Shweta Khadka movie.
The clash between two of the most awaited movies of the year has been avoided after ‘Kanchhi’ decided to re-schedule the release date of the movie. Earlier, both ‘Kri’ and ‘Kanchhi’ had announced the release of the movie on February 9, 2018. Anmol’s highly awaited movie was delayed more than once before. I had also prepared a video report on the release date controversy earlier (video attached at the end of the post.)
Now, Shweta Khadka, has told that she is willing to get flexible and let ‘Kri’ release on that day. The new schedule, a week later, on February 16, 2018 isn’t risk-free either. That is because, Chhabi Raj Ojha’s movie ‘Mangalam’ is also releasing on February 16. Chhabi’s movie was previously scheduled to release on Dashain but was delayed to let ‘Chhakka Panja 2’ to release at that time. Although ‘Kanchhi’ has more publicity because of the sympathy towards Shweta, the widow of late Shree Krishna Shrestha, Chhabi’s movie can’t be undermined. Known as one of the top producers in the movie industry, most of Chhabi’s movie are successful.
Talking about the rescheduling, Shweta told, “I din’t want to clash with another movie like that. When I tried to contact the ‘Kri’ team they didn’t respond. Then, I decided to change the date.”
‘Kanchhi’ is directed by the director of ‘Kohinoor’, Aakash Adhikari. The movie features Dayahang Rai and Shweta Khadka in leading role.
Watch a video report about ‘Kanchhi’s song:
It is a myth that multiple film releases on the same day hurt the producer. I reached to the conclusion after a bit of research on the history of such releases in the past.
After I wrote the news about the two new and highly awaited movies – Anmol KC’s ‘Kri’ and Shweta Khadka’s ‘Kanchhi’ releasing on the same day for the Valentine Day of 2018, I thought about the benefits and loss to the producers by such releases. Apart from my personal analysis the research on the history of film releases also supported the notion that – good films are successful no matter how many films release on that day. Bad films don’t get any viewers even if they get solo-release slots.
Before I go deep in case studies, here is a video report on the issue:
The release date of upcoming movie of Anmol KC ‘Kri’ has been finalized for Magh 26 (February 9). The date is the same date in which, Shweta Khadka’s comeback movie ‘Kanchhi’ was previously finalized. It these two movies are released in the same day, it would be a huge clash for them as both of them are the most awaited movies of the current time.
I had prepared a video report of Shweta’s movie ‘Kanchhi’ yesterday about how the song of the movie is setting record viewership.
The release date of ‘Kri’ was was announced by the producer Subash Giri in Facebook after the completion of the shooting of the movie in Pokhara.
The new actress of upcoming movie ‘Kri’ who is going to be featured opposite to Anmol KC, Aditi Budhathoki, is a well known model. She has been popular in social media for her bold and attractive photos. She regularly posts bold photos in Facebook and Instagram. The owner of a hot body lives in Mumbai and is working in various assignments in India. She is also trying her luck in Bollywood. But, before she could land in a role in Hindi movie, she decided to accept the proposal to work with the youth’s sensation, Anmol KC.
Although ‘Kri’ was scheduled to release in Tihar, the release was delayed for an unknown reason. It is suspected that ‘Chhakka Panja 2’ team might have influenced in delaying the release. Chhabi Raj Ojha’s movie ‘Mangalam’ was delayed on the request of Deepak Raj Giri. At the time of this writing one of the producers, Bhuwan KC, and his son lead actor Anmol KC are currently in the USA and there is no sign of release preparation. But, Aditi’s popularity is in increasing trend.
Who is Aditi Budhathoki?
Aditi is originally from Damak, Jhapa and the current permanent address is Sinamangal, Kathmandu. She however mostly lives in Mumbai, India. She hasn’t revealed her exact age but, she celebrates her birthday on June 28. (According to NepaliActress she turned 25 in 2017) A student of Bachelors in Information Technology, Aditi prefers to identify herself as a fashion blogger and a fashion model. After the release of ‘Kri’ she would be an actress too. Although she was seen in a few Indian music videos, she is yet to be featured in a feature movie.
The shooting of the upcoming movie of Anmol KC, ‘Kri’ is still going on. The movie that got the media attention since its first announcement, has been in the headlines despite of the secrecy surrounding the movie. In the first look poster, Anmol is shown to be featured in action role, a sharp contrast to his lover-boy avatar in his previous movies. Anmol had built body and had kept his looks secret by staying away from the media since the announcement of the movie. I had prepared a video report with an exclusive preview of Anmol KC’s body:
After the release of first look, the curiosity towards the movie and the actor has risen among the Nepali movie lovers. As Anmol is surrounded by his bodyguards and he is not allowed to be photographed by the media, his looks and some of the closely guarded releases are the only photos available now. I have compiled a list of photos Anmol has shared so far:
The Kartik 3 release of ‘Kri’ has been delayed because of the delay in shooting. In the first look, the release date of Kartik 3 was mentioned. But, according to insiders, there is very little chance of the completion by that date.
The shooting of the movie in Manang is uncertain because of the adverse weather in the area. After the completion of the shooting in Dhampus, the film team has returned back to Kathmandu. The team will head toward Manang after the weather improves. The shooting is expected to complete after the shooting in the remote location.
On the birthday of the actress of the movie ‘Kri’, Aditi Budhathoki, the first look poster of the movie was released. In both the posters released on Wednesday only Anmol KC is shown. The movie marks the most hyped but, most secret film project in the Nepali film industry. The ‘Kri’ team had created a special aura of publicity from the start of the movie.
The actress of upcoming movie featuring Anmol KC in leading role, ‘Kri’ is a beautiful and hot actress. She knows how to tease her followers in Facebook and Instagram. The actress with decent looks and a hot body, Aditi Budhathoki is struggling in Mumbai. Although she has landed in a number of modelling assignments, she is yet to get a role in movies there.
I had also prepared a video report about the actress. In the video, I had listed 10 things about the actress:
That was a long wait — more than a year after the annoucement, the shooting of the next movie of Anmol KC has started in Lalitpur on April 24, 2017. That was after multiple delays and rumours.
On the first day of shooting the film crew members inaugurated the shooting at Budhanilkantha temple. The first shooting was held at Emperial Apartment, Sanepa, Lalitpur. According to reports, the shooting will last for 60 days at locations in Kathmandu and Abu Khaireni, Gorkha.
Two bodyguards – photos banned at the sets
I don’t have any photos of the inauguration of the movie. That is because, no photos were allowed at the sets of the movie. In addition to that, the lead actor Anmol KC is also provided with two bodyguards so that he won’t be disturbed by his fans at the set of the movie.
Anmol KC has been in the hiding with occasional surprise appearances a few times in the last one year. She reportedly was preparing for the movie and is supposed to be featured in a new looks in the new movie. He is also being paid the highest pay in the Nepali film industry for his role in the movie – 20 lakh.