Yes, Priyanka Karki has made a new record of four films of hers running simultaneously in theatres in Nepal. Two those new films, ‘Kohalpur Express’ and ‘Happy Days’ were released on Friday 27, 2018 joining two others which were released a few weeks earlier. Shatru Gate and Lily Bily have been doing good business in theatre weeks after they were released.
Priyanka told that she tried her best not to let two of her movies clash at the time of the release. Priyanka suggested viewers to watch ‘Happy Days’ first then they can watch ‘Kohalpur Express’. If both of them become houseful, you could watch ‘Shatru Gate’ or ‘Lily Bily’.
The sixth NFDC National Film Award 2074 was held in Kathmandu on April 27, 2018 at Hayat Hotel. The best film in the award ceremony was ‘Shatru Gate’. The film also won best editing, script, and sound effects. The best director award was awarded to Milan Chams for his film ‘Lily Bily’. Actress Benisha Hamal became the best actress and Anmol KC was awarded the best actor award. ।
The award ceremony was held outside. But, when it started raining all of a sudden, everything became difficult to manage. One of the organizers, Nikita Poudel had told that the event was held outside because indoor halls were not available.
Because of the heavy rain, cultural program in the award ceremony were cancelled.
- Best Film – Shatru Gate
- Best Director – Milan Chams (Lily Bily)
- Best Actor – Anmol KC (Kri)
- Best Actress – Benisha Hamal (Blind Rocks)
- Best Assistant Director – Prashanta Tamrakar (Aishwarya)
- Best Supporting Actress – Keki Adhikari (Aishwarya)
- Best New Actor – Ashirman Deshraj Joshi (Gangster Blues)
- Best New Actress – Jassita Gurung (Lily Bily)
- Best Comedy Actor – Kedar Ghimire (Chhakka Panja 2)
- Best Script – Deepak Raj Giri and Pradeep Bhattarai (Shatru Gate)
- Best story and dialogue – Deepak, Jitu Nepal, Kedar Ghimire, Abhmanyu Nirabi (Chhakka Panja 2)
- Best Cinematography – Sudeep baral (Lily Bily)
- Best Editing – Mitra D Gurung (Shatru Gate)
- Best Musician – Rajan Raj Siwakoti – Kutu Ma Kutu (2 Rupayia)
- Best Lyricist – Dr. Krishna Hari Baral (A Mero Hajur 2)
- Best Singer – Anju Panta and Sugam Pokharel – Timi Royeko Pal (Aishwarya)
- Best Choreographer – Kabi Raj Gahatraj (Shatru Gate)
- Best Action director – Chandra Panta (Kri)
- Best Sound Design – Amit Shrestha (Shatru Gate)
- Best Background Music – Aish Karki (Lily Bily)
- Jury Award – Ramesh Budhathoki for (Bhui Manchhe)
- Best Commercial film – Chhakka Panja 2
At the time when the shooting of ‘Intu Mintu Londonma’ has been halted for a long time because of the visa rejection of Samragyee RL Shah, another film lost an actress because of visa rejection. After the actress of ‘Lily Bily’ Rebika Gurung’s visa application by the UK embassy, she has left the team. Actress Priyanka Karki has reportedly taken her place in the movie.
At the time when Rebika’s visa was rejected, Priyanka is in UK for the premier show of ‘Happy Days’. In response to her replacement, Rebika has written that, she has willingly left the team so that the shooting is not further delayed because of visa rejection and problem with her health.
Artists Visa Rejection
A lot of Nepali artists don’t return from their foreign visit. The trend of overstaying in western countries have created a very impression of Nepali artists that many of them get rejected. The failure to convince that they will return back to Nepal after the completion of the task had caused the majority of such rejections.