Three movies ‘Dhanda’, ‘Mokshya’ and ‘Chha Ekan Chha’ were awarded three different awards for Best Movie, Jury Award and Popular Film awards respectively. In addition to the best award, the movie ‘Dhanda’ was also awarded 4 more awards in different categories including best director and best actor award.
‘Dhanda’ writer Arpan Thapa was also awarded the Best Writer Award. Subarna Thapa won the Best Screenplay award for the script of ‘Soongava’. Deepak Raj Giri of ‘Chha Ekan Chha’ was awarded the Best Dialogue Award.
Award winning movies and their award titles are:
- Dhanda – Best Writer Award, Best Makeup, Best Actor Award, Best Film Award, Best Director Award
- Soongava – Best Script Award
- Chha Ekan Chha – Best Dialogue, Best Background Music, Best Co-Artist (Male), Popular Film
- Biteka Pal – Best dress, Best Actress Award
- Moun – Best Art Direction, Best New Director
- Visa Girl – Best Choreogrphy
- War – Best Action Direction
- Producer – Best Sound Mixing
- Badhshala – Best Cinematography,
- Nai Nabhannu La 2 – Best Lyrics, Best Child Artist, Best Co-Artist (Female)
- Rhythm – Best Music, Best Playback Singing (Male)
- Mokshya – Best Music Arranger, Jury Award
- Kohi Ta Chha – Best Actor in Negative Role
- Sanghuro – Best actor in Character Role, Best actress in Character Role
- Manjari – Best New Actor (Male)
- Madhumash – Best New Actor (Female)
Nepali movie ‘Maun’ is released on October 26, 2013. Before we review the movie, we write about what the movie is all about and give the facts about the movie in these pre-release review.
The movie directed by Suraj Bhushal (an interview with Suraj Bhusal) features Arpan Thapa and Namrata Shrestha in leading roles. The movie features the cinematoraphy of Sanjay Lama, music direction of Sugam Pokhrel, Swopnil Sharma and Sanup Paudel, editing of Nimesh Shrestha, story and script of Arpan Thapa.
Arpan Thapa (‘Dhanda’ fame) and Namrata Shrestha are going to be featured in Suraj Bhusal’s debut directorial venture ‘Moun’. Two lead actors will have romantic role in the movie and it will be the first such role for actor Arpan Thapa.
Before ‘Moun’ Namrata had worked with Arpan in their upcoming movie ‘Chadke’. The upcoming movie will mostly feature theater actors.
One day before the release of the movie all over Nepal, a premire show of ‘Dhanda’ was held in a new theater in Chabahil, Kathmandu. Some two hundred film and media person were present to see the movie.
The viewers of the premier show have appreciated the movie. Although the movie is told to have excessive violence, the effort of the production team was appreciated by the majority of the audience. People of weak hearts are not suggested to watch the movie.