The 9th edition of NEFTA Awards was held at Dubai, UAE on December 23, 2016. A lot of Nepali artists attended the grand ceremony featuring performances of a lot of artists including Rajesh Hamal and Karishma Manandhar.
The dancers in the program were Karishma Mamandhar, Pooja Sharma, Chhulthim Gurung, Malina Joshi, Rista Basnet, Samragyee RL Shah, Namrata Sapkota, Jebina Karki. The male dancers were Rajesh Hamal, Anupbikram Shahi, Paul Shah, Najir Hussain, Salon Basnet, and Roshit Rumba.
The award winner movies are:
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ here – Best Movie, Best Dilogue (Khagendra Lamichhane), Best Supporting Actor (Prakash Ghimire), Best Actor in Negative Role (Bipin Karki)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ here – Popular Film, Best Newcomer Actress (Samragyee RL Shah) , Popular Actor (Anmol KC)
- Watch ‘Woda Number 6’ here – Best Director (Ujjwal Ghimire), Best Arranger (Rajan Ishan), Best Art Director (Pasang T Sherpa)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ here- Best Actor (Dayahang Rai), Best Story (Rambabu Gurung / Upendra Subba)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ here – Best Cinematographer (Purushottam Pradhan), Best Lyrics (Dr. Krishna Hari Baral), Best Newcomer Actor (Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Fanko’ here – Best Script (Subarna Thapa), Best Editing (Bipin Malla), Best Background Music (Sujil Karmacharya)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ – Popular Actress (Pooja Sharma), Best Music (Arjun Pokharel), Best Choreographer (Renasha Bantawa Rai), Best Singer Male (Sugam Pokharel), Best Singer Female (Anju Panta), Best Dress design (Yubi Thapa and Yogita Pun)
- Watch ‘Dhauli’ here – Sound Mixing (Uttam Neupane)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ here – Best Action (Himal KC)
- Classic (not available now) – Best Actress (Namrata Shrestha)
- Janmabhumi – Best Supporting Actress (Nishma Ghimire)
- Adhakatti – Best Comedy Actor (Wilson Bikram Rai)
- Timi Nabhaya – Best Ethnic Film
- Ko Afno – Best Make up (Dipu Poudel)
This week, two new movies – Bich Bato and Sneha were released in theaters all over Nepal. The movie ‘Dhauli’ being released in theaters in Kathmandu was released last week in theaters out of Kathmandu. Here are the details of the Friday release movies (release on January 1, 2016):
The movie by director Rishi Neupane, ‘Bich Bato’ features Sushil Chhetri and Jasmin Shrestha in leading roles. The movie produced by Rajesh Shahi is a masala movie with comedy, romance, love and action. The movie features the music of Bikash Chuadhary, choreography of Kamal Rai / Kabi Raj Gahatraj / Ramji Lamichhane, cinematography of Ravi Koirala, and editing of Kiran Adhikari.
This week, on December 25, three new Nepali movies are releasing in theater in Nepal – ‘Aadhi Bato’, ‘Dhauli’ and ‘Tista Pariko Saino’. ‘Dhauli’ is a presentation of Sambhu Thapa, Aadhi Bato is presented by Rupak Neupane and ‘Tista Pariko Saino’ presents the relationship between Nepali in Sikkim and Nepal.
The movie by Sambhu Thapa, ‘Dhauli’ is a story of rural Nepal and is being released in theaters out of Kathmandu. The movie will be released in theaters in Kathmandu on next Friday (January 1, 2016). The movie introducing Bishnu Gautam in leading role features Gita Adhikari in his opposite. The movie also features Anu Shah, Gajit Bista, Prakash Ghimire etc. in main roles.
On the Christmas Day Nepali movie ‘Dhauli’ is going to release in the theaters out of Kathmandu. The movie will come to Kathmandu on the New Year day, January 1, 2016. The first look trailer of the movie was released in a program held in Kathmandu on December 13. In the press meet, the director told that ‘Dhauli’ team will present the pure organic Nepali taste.
The movie made in a rural setting featuring Bishnu Gautam and Gita Adhikari in the leading roles. Two posters released by the film team feature Bishnu and Gita in them. The movie is set in Bhurjung village in Kaski.
The actor Bishnu Gautam says that the movie also shows the desire of love in the people of feudal in nature. Gautam is a professor and he had also worked as a journalist. In the movie he is featured as the feudal landowner. The actress Gita Adhikari had previously worked in more than a quarter century feature films and telefilms.
Other main actors in the movie include Gajit Bista, Anu Shah, Prakash Ghimire, Shambhu Thapa and Bidhya Karki.
A movie made on the story of higher class and lower class citizen ‘Dhauli’ was premiered in Pokhara on Saturday, June 13. The movie featuring Gita Adhikari as the central Character, Dhauli, features the love story of her son, Bir (played by Gajit Bista) and Anjana (Anu Shah), a higher class girl.
The movie set in a village features and features village lifestyle. A lower caste woman, Dhauli, is working in a house of a higher caste owner, Kancho Shahu (played by Bishnu Gautam). Dhauli falls for Kancho Shahu and gets pregnant. When the affair is made public, Kancho was sent to the city and Dhauli was forced to leave the village.