At the time of the release of Anmol KC’s upcoming movie, ‘Kri’ I am reposting the list of full movies of Anmol KC.
This is the collection of all the films of Anmol KC available online. Anmol KC debuted as a lead actor in his first movie ‘Hostel’. But, before he acted in leading roles, he had also made short appearances in a number of movies as a child artist and he had also appeared in ‘Sathi Ma Timro’. The fifth movie of Anmol KC ‘Kri’ shooting has completed recently and is scheduled to release at the time of Valentine Day of 2018.
[Biography of Anmol KC]
Let’s start with the movies he was featured in leading roles.
More information about ‘Gajalu’ is written in the xNepali movie page. The movie is the debut movie of Miss Nepal 2012, Shristi Shrestha. It is the fourth movie of Anmol KC in leading role, all of which were successful. Other actors in the movie are Salon Basnet, Gaurav Pahadi, Menuka Pradhan, Gauri Malla, Bishow Basnet and Krishna Malla.
After the success of ‘Hostel’ and ‘Jerryy’; ‘Gajalu’ marks the hat trick of successful movies of Hem Raj BC. All these movies featured Anmol KC in leading roles. (Watch them below)
Watch the full movie:
Journalist and actress Sandhya KC is being featured in a leading role in her upcoming movie ‘Kamaleko Bihe’. The actress who debuted in super hit film ‘Dreams’. But, Sandhya was featured in a short role in the movie so, the movie couldn’t do any magic to attract the viewers towards her.
Sandhya has apparently tried to use the tried-and-tested method to attract the media – showing off her underwear in press meet.
- Actress Karishma Manandhar had successfully used the tactics and it made news – more than once. (Karishma’s Red and black)
- And actress Priyanka Karki was also successful in creating the buzz by the same tactics. (The issue of Priyanka Karki case took a long time to settle)
- Then, actress Shilpa Pokharel also tried her best – but, it wasn’t much of the news. (Shilpa shows off)
- Benisha Hamal tried it too.
- Actress Jharana Thapa also showed off in one event.
- Namrata Shrestha (Parwa event)
I have compiled a list of five new Nepali movies that you should watch. All of them have different flavour and are of the quality comparable with Bollywood and Hollywood movies. The first must watch movie ‘Classic’ is a serious love story, ‘Chhaka Panja’ is a full-fledge comedy, the love story movie ‘Gajalu’ is a social drama, ‘Pashupati Prasad’ is beautifully told and based on reality, a teenage love story movie ‘Dreams’ appeal to the youth and older alike.
‘Classic’ featuring Namrata Shrestha and Aryan Sigdel in leading roles. Both the leading characters are blind and their acting is exceptional. That is the reason both Namrata and Aryan had won Best Actress and Best Actor awards respectively. Namrata was the undisputed Best Actress in every Nepali movie awards held this year. In almost all the awards, ‘Classic’ was the winner of the most awards.
Watch ‘Classic’ full movie here:
I have compiled a list of new Nepali movies you shouldn’t miss. The quality of Nepali movies have improved in the modern days. Experimental movies have been very successful these days. All the movies listed here are the movies made after 2010.
UPDATE – Watch new and interesting movies here:
[Watch ‘Loot 2’ here |
[Watch ‘Teen Ghumti’ here |
Update – Paradeshi
A 2015 release, superhit movie of Prashant Tamang. The movie ‘Paradeshi’ was directed by Narayan Rayamajhi, the director of another hit movie ‘Gorkha Paltan’.
1. Classic (2016)
The 2016 release movie by Aryan Sigdel, ‘Classic’ is one of the top movies of the year 2016. The movie about a blind couple features Aryan Sigdel and Namrata Shrestha in leading role. Namrata Shresthat had had won all the Best Actress awards of the year for her role in the movie. Aryan Sigdel had also won Best Actor awards for his role in the movie. The movie was also awarded the Best Movie of the year award in various film awards. This is a must watch movie.
Watch ‘Classic’ – (Skip the initial 4 minutes to watch the movie.)
The 9th edition of NEFTA Awards was held at Dubai, UAE on December 23, 2016. A lot of Nepali artists attended the grand ceremony featuring performances of a lot of artists including Rajesh Hamal and Karishma Manandhar.
The dancers in the program were Karishma Mamandhar, Pooja Sharma, Chhulthim Gurung, Malina Joshi, Rista Basnet, Samragyee RL Shah, Namrata Sapkota, Jebina Karki. The male dancers were Rajesh Hamal, Anupbikram Shahi, Paul Shah, Najir Hussain, Salon Basnet, and Roshit Rumba.
The award winner movies are:
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ here – Best Movie, Best Dilogue (Khagendra Lamichhane), Best Supporting Actor (Prakash Ghimire), Best Actor in Negative Role (Bipin Karki)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ here – Popular Film, Best Newcomer Actress (Samragyee RL Shah) , Popular Actor (Anmol KC)
- Watch ‘Woda Number 6’ here – Best Director (Ujjwal Ghimire), Best Arranger (Rajan Ishan), Best Art Director (Pasang T Sherpa)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ here- Best Actor (Dayahang Rai), Best Story (Rambabu Gurung / Upendra Subba)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ here – Best Cinematographer (Purushottam Pradhan), Best Lyrics (Dr. Krishna Hari Baral), Best Newcomer Actor (Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Fanko’ here – Best Script (Subarna Thapa), Best Editing (Bipin Malla), Best Background Music (Sujil Karmacharya)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ – Popular Actress (Pooja Sharma), Best Music (Arjun Pokharel), Best Choreographer (Renasha Bantawa Rai), Best Singer Male (Sugam Pokharel), Best Singer Female (Anju Panta), Best Dress design (Yubi Thapa and Yogita Pun)
- Watch ‘Dhauli’ here – Sound Mixing (Uttam Neupane)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ here – Best Action (Himal KC)
- Classic (not available now) – Best Actress (Namrata Shrestha)
- Janmabhumi – Best Supporting Actress (Nishma Ghimire)
- Adhakatti – Best Comedy Actor (Wilson Bikram Rai)
- Timi Nabhaya – Best Ethnic Film
- Ko Afno – Best Make up (Dipu Poudel)
In the film awards held in this year either Dayahang Rai had won the best actor award or Aryan Sigdel. For the first time, Kamana Film Award 2016 has awarded Saugat Malla the award for his role in ‘Fanko’.
The award ceremony held at the Army Officers’ Club in Kathmandu on December 3, 2016 awarded different awards to ten movies. Out of them, seven movies are available to watch in full in xnepali. Click on the following links to watch the movies:
Watch award winning movies:
- Watch ‘Fanko’ (Best Actor Award)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ (Best Dialogue)
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ (Best film award, Best Screenplay, Best Director, Best Actor in Negative Role)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ (Best Make Up, Best Playback Singer – Anju Pant, Best Playback singer – Sugam Pokharel, Best Lyrics, Best Music, Best Supporting Actor)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ (Best new Actor – Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ (Best Cinematography, Best New Actress – Samragyee, Best New Director – Bhuwan)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ (Best Action)
Three award winning movies not available in xnepali yet are:
The third movie of ‘Dreams’ debut actress Samragyee RL Shah was announced on Bhai Tika. The movie featuring Samragyee RL Shah and Aakash Shrestha in leading role is being made on the story of a NRN tourist who is in affair with the tourist guide. Aakash Shrestha debuted as an actor in Sushmita KC’s production ‘Ma Ta Timrai Hoon’.
Watch ‘Dreams’ here.
Video report about the 3rd movie of Samragyee:
The movie is going to feature beautiful scenes of Annapurna range, Pokhara, Poon Hill, Ghandruk and places.
The nominations of the fourth edition of INAS Film Award, to be held in Gangtok, Sikkim on Kartik 24, were released on November 4, 2016. There are three nominations on each of 19 different categories. The award is being organized by the International Nepali Artist Association (INAS). In the award movies released in 2015 and released till April 15 of 2016 were included. ‘Classic’ has led the list with nominations in 9 categories, ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ follows with 6 categories and ‘Pashupati Prasad’ in 5 categories. These three movies are also the top three movies in the nomination.
Watch the nominated movies:
Best Movie Award, Best Director Award and Best Actor Awards nomination to the following three movies:
- Pashupati Prasad
- Calssic (‘Classic’ will be available online soon)
- Kabaddi Kabaddi
The top 5 nominations for the 9th edition of NEFTA Awards has been released. In NEFTA Award 2016 the movies ‘Classic’ and ‘Prem Geet’ have received the most number of nominations in the 31 categories announced by the origanizer. Classic has been nominated in 18 categories and ‘Prem Geet’ is nominated in 17 different categories. In third place, ‘Pashupati Prasad’ has been nominated in 9 categories. I have also listed the movies nominated, and available to watch in full.
NEFTA Nominated Films (Watch Full movies)
The award ceremony will be held on December 23, 2016 in Dubai of UAE. The nominations are prepared by a 5-member selection committee led by Bharat Shakya among the movies released in the year 2072.
Nepali Movie – Dreams
Starring – Anmol KC, Samragyee RL Shah, Sandhya KC etc.
Director – Bhuwan KC
The superhit movie ‘Dreams’ was the third movie of Anmol KC that was superhit. The movie established actress Samragyee RL Shah as a credible actress. After the success of the movie, Samragyee has been one of the highest paid actresses in Nepali movie industry. The directorial debut of well known actor Bhuwan KC is also his home production movie, made under Kajal Films banner. The associate director is Diwakar Bhattarai, screenplay is written by Samipya Raj Timilsina, music by Hercules Basnet, Bishesh, Rohit, action by Chandra Panta, cinematographers Purushottam Pradhan, Sanjay Lama, editors Banish Shah and Milan Shrestha, Choreographer is Kabiraj Gahatraj.
Watch full nepali movie ‘Dreams’:
In an event held in Kathmandu on September 8, 2016 actress Namrata Shrestha had been awarded the fourth award for her role in ‘Classic’.
Namrata Shrestha was awarded the best actress award in:
- National Film Award 2016 (Winners of National Film Awards)
- FAAN 2016 (Winners of FAAN Award)
- D Cine Award 2016 (Winners of D Cine Award)
- LG Films Award 2016 (This post)
The best actor award winner Dayahang Rai has also won the award two times. In other two times, Namrata’s partner in ‘Classic’ Aryan Sigdel was awarded. The best movie award was handed over to ‘Pashupati Prasad’.
Watch the award winning films:
After FAAN 2016, another new film award is going to be held this year. The award ceremony is held by a company of film director and actor Dinesh DC. The film award titled LG Film Award 2073 is scheduled to be held on Bhadra 22. The chief guest of the event will be Bollywood actor Shatrughan Sinha. Full list of the nominations for the award is attached at the end of the post.
In addition to best movies and artists, the film award will also award the promotional matters like best posters and best trailers. Another new category of award is the best on-screen couple of the year award. VFX and Colorists will also be awarded in the award ceremony.
Watch the best movie nominated movies – Watch ‘Woda Number 6’ here. In most of the categories the top nominated movies are ‘Premgeet’, ‘Classic’ and ‘Woda Number 6’.
A model, Aditi Budhathoki, is selected to be featured opposite to Anmol KC in his upcoming movie ‘Kri’. With the selection of a new actress in the movie, Anmol KC has worked with a new entry actress in every movies he has been featured so far. Anmol is a rare actor in the Nepali movie industry, all of whose movies have been successful, so far.
Here is the list of movie Anmol KC has done and is doing so far:
- ‘Hostel’ with Prakriti Shrestha (Watch ‘Hostel’ here)
- ‘Jerryy’ with Aana Sharma (Watch ‘Jerryy’ here)
- ‘Dreams’ with Samragyee RL Shah
- ‘Gajalu’ with Shristi Shrestha
- ‘Kri’ with Aditi Budhathoki
Video report :
The Film Artists Association of Nepal (FAAN) organized the first ever film awards in Kathmandu on July 2, 2016. In the award ceremony ‘Pashupati Prasad’ was awarded the best movie of the year. The awards were awarded in 24 different categories. The prime minister, KP Oli, was the chief guest of the event.
The actor and the actress of ‘Classic’ Aryan Sigdel and Namrata Shrestha were awarded the best actor and actress of the year in the ceremony. The director and writer of the best movie ‘Pashupati Prasad’, Dipendra K Khanal and Bipin Karki were awarded the best director and the best writer respectively.
Full list of the winners of the award are:
It has been quite a while since the hit Nepali movies were leaked to the market. Movies like ‘Pashupati Prasad’, ‘Jhola’, ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’, ‘Resham Filili’, ‘Prem Geet’ are some of the movies that were pirated. Some of those movies were the censor copies sent to the government body of censoring movies, Film Development Board (FDB).
In a recent report, the pirates of hit movie of Bhuwan KC, ‘Dreams’, were arrested by the police. It turned out that the employees of the company that had purchased the DVD and YouTube rights of the movie, Highlihgts Nepal, were involved in the piracy. Few days earlier, KC had lodged a complain against pirates for a damage amount of Rs. 10 million. After the arrest of the employees, Highlights Nepal and Bhuwan KC have agreed upon an undisclosed damage amount.