The 9th edition of NEFTA Awards was held at Dubai, UAE on December 23, 2016. A lot of Nepali artists attended the grand ceremony featuring performances of a lot of artists including Rajesh Hamal and Karishma Manandhar.
The dancers in the program were Karishma Mamandhar, Pooja Sharma, Chhulthim Gurung, Malina Joshi, Rista Basnet, Samragyee RL Shah, Namrata Sapkota, Jebina Karki. The male dancers were Rajesh Hamal, Anupbikram Shahi, Paul Shah, Najir Hussain, Salon Basnet, and Roshit Rumba.
The award winner movies are:
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ here – Best Movie, Best Dilogue (Khagendra Lamichhane), Best Supporting Actor (Prakash Ghimire), Best Actor in Negative Role (Bipin Karki)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ here – Popular Film, Best Newcomer Actress (Samragyee RL Shah) , Popular Actor (Anmol KC)
- Watch ‘Woda Number 6’ here – Best Director (Ujjwal Ghimire), Best Arranger (Rajan Ishan), Best Art Director (Pasang T Sherpa)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ here- Best Actor (Dayahang Rai), Best Story (Rambabu Gurung / Upendra Subba)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ here – Best Cinematographer (Purushottam Pradhan), Best Lyrics (Dr. Krishna Hari Baral), Best Newcomer Actor (Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Fanko’ here – Best Script (Subarna Thapa), Best Editing (Bipin Malla), Best Background Music (Sujil Karmacharya)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ – Popular Actress (Pooja Sharma), Best Music (Arjun Pokharel), Best Choreographer (Renasha Bantawa Rai), Best Singer Male (Sugam Pokharel), Best Singer Female (Anju Panta), Best Dress design (Yubi Thapa and Yogita Pun)
- Watch ‘Dhauli’ here – Sound Mixing (Uttam Neupane)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ here – Best Action (Himal KC)
- Classic (not available now) – Best Actress (Namrata Shrestha)
- Janmabhumi – Best Supporting Actress (Nishma Ghimire)
- Adhakatti – Best Comedy Actor (Wilson Bikram Rai)
- Timi Nabhaya – Best Ethnic Film
- Ko Afno – Best Make up (Dipu Poudel)
In the film awards held in this year either Dayahang Rai had won the best actor award or Aryan Sigdel. For the first time, Kamana Film Award 2016 has awarded Saugat Malla the award for his role in ‘Fanko’.
The award ceremony held at the Army Officers’ Club in Kathmandu on December 3, 2016 awarded different awards to ten movies. Out of them, seven movies are available to watch in full in xnepali. Click on the following links to watch the movies:
Watch award winning movies:
- Watch ‘Fanko’ (Best Actor Award)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ (Best Dialogue)
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ (Best film award, Best Screenplay, Best Director, Best Actor in Negative Role)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ (Best Make Up, Best Playback Singer – Anju Pant, Best Playback singer – Sugam Pokharel, Best Lyrics, Best Music, Best Supporting Actor)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ (Best new Actor – Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ (Best Cinematography, Best New Actress – Samragyee, Best New Director – Bhuwan)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ (Best Action)
Three award winning movies not available in xnepali yet are:
I have prepared a list of Nepali movies you shouldn’t miss.
UPDATE: Some more must watch movies are released online:
- Watch ‘Classic’ – Best movie of the year, Best actor of the year Aryan Sigdel, Best actress of the year Namrata Shrestha.
- Watch ‘Chhaka Panja’ – a record breaking fun filled comedy movie by Deepak and Deepak Raj Giri.
- Watch ‘Pardeshi’ – New superhit movie of of Prashant Tamang and Rajani KC.
1. Pashupati Prasad
The 2015 release movie written by the lead actor, Khagendra Lamichhane, ‘Pashupati Prasad’ is a movie about the problem of poverty. The movie directed by Dipendra K Khanal was liked by critics and the viewers. Khagendra’s previous movie ‘Talakjung VS Tulke’ was also a very successful movie. I would recommend you to watch both of them but, let me count both of them as one.
A love-story movie, release in 2013 is set in a very beautiful location in Mustang. The movie featuring Nischal Basnet, Rishma Gurung, Dayahang Rai and Rajan Khatiwada in leading role is directed by Ram Babu Gurung. After the huge success of ‘Kabaddi’ its sequel ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ was also released in 2015. If you like ‘Kabaddi’ you won’t be dissapointed by its sequel ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ too.
The nominations of the fourth edition of INAS Film Award, to be held in Gangtok, Sikkim on Kartik 24, were released on November 4, 2016. There are three nominations on each of 19 different categories. The award is being organized by the International Nepali Artist Association (INAS). In the award movies released in 2015 and released till April 15 of 2016 were included. ‘Classic’ has led the list with nominations in 9 categories, ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ follows with 6 categories and ‘Pashupati Prasad’ in 5 categories. These three movies are also the top three movies in the nomination.
Watch the nominated movies:
Best Movie Award, Best Director Award and Best Actor Awards nomination to the following three movies:
- Pashupati Prasad
- Calssic (‘Classic’ will be available online soon)
- Kabaddi Kabaddi
The top 5 nominations for the 9th edition of NEFTA Awards has been released. In NEFTA Award 2016 the movies ‘Classic’ and ‘Prem Geet’ have received the most number of nominations in the 31 categories announced by the origanizer. Classic has been nominated in 18 categories and ‘Prem Geet’ is nominated in 17 different categories. In third place, ‘Pashupati Prasad’ has been nominated in 9 categories. I have also listed the movies nominated, and available to watch in full.
NEFTA Nominated Films (Watch Full movies)
The award ceremony will be held on December 23, 2016 in Dubai of UAE. The nominations are prepared by a 5-member selection committee led by Bharat Shakya among the movies released in the year 2072.
In an event held in Kathmandu on September 8, 2016 actress Namrata Shrestha had been awarded the fourth award for her role in ‘Classic’.
Namrata Shrestha was awarded the best actress award in:
- National Film Award 2016 (Winners of National Film Awards)
- FAAN 2016 (Winners of FAAN Award)
- D Cine Award 2016 (Winners of D Cine Award)
- LG Films Award 2016 (This post)
The best actor award winner Dayahang Rai has also won the award two times. In other two times, Namrata’s partner in ‘Classic’ Aryan Sigdel was awarded. The best movie award was handed over to ‘Pashupati Prasad’.
Watch the award winning films:
After FAAN 2016, another new film award is going to be held this year. The award ceremony is held by a company of film director and actor Dinesh DC. The film award titled LG Film Award 2073 is scheduled to be held on Bhadra 22. The chief guest of the event will be Bollywood actor Shatrughan Sinha. Full list of the nominations for the award is attached at the end of the post.
In addition to best movies and artists, the film award will also award the promotional matters like best posters and best trailers. Another new category of award is the best on-screen couple of the year award. VFX and Colorists will also be awarded in the award ceremony.
Watch the best movie nominated movies – Watch ‘Woda Number 6’ here. In most of the categories the top nominated movies are ‘Premgeet’, ‘Classic’ and ‘Woda Number 6’.
The film award being distributed by Gopi Krishna Movies, NFDC National Film Award 2016 nomination was released in a program held in Kathmandu. The Award ceremony will be held in Ashoj. It’s interesting two movies released on the same day – ‘Premgeet’ and ‘Classic’ were nominated in the most number of awards – 11 categories each. ‘Pashupati Prasad’ and ‘Woda Number 6’ each were nominated in 8 different categories and ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ was nominated in 7 categories.
Watch Award winning movies:
The Film Artists Association of Nepal (FAAN) organized the first ever film awards in Kathmandu on July 2, 2016. In the award ceremony ‘Pashupati Prasad’ was awarded the best movie of the year. The awards were awarded in 24 different categories. The prime minister, KP Oli, was the chief guest of the event.
The actor and the actress of ‘Classic’ Aryan Sigdel and Namrata Shrestha were awarded the best actor and actress of the year in the ceremony. The director and writer of the best movie ‘Pashupati Prasad’, Dipendra K Khanal and Bipin Karki were awarded the best director and the best writer respectively.
Full list of the winners of the award are:
The winners of the National Film Award 2073 (2016 AD) is announced. The winners were selected from the movies released in 2072. ‘Pashupati Prasad’ won three awards, ‘Classic’ and ‘Dreams’ won two awards.
The winners are:
- Best Film – Pashupati Prasad
- Best Writer – Khagendra Lamichhane (Pashupati Prasad)
- Best Director – Dipendra K Khanal (Pashupai Prasad)
- Best Actor – Dayahang Rai (Kabaddi Kabaddi)
- Best Actress – Namrata Shrestha (Classic)
- Best Cinematographer – Sanjay Lama and Purushottam Pradhan (Dreams)
- Best Editor – Surendra Poudel (Classic)
- Best Ethnic film – Yamfu Dewarali (Gurung language movie)
- Jury Award – Bhuwan KC (Dreams, Director)
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Basundhara Bhusal.
UPDATE: Hit New movies added in xnepali:
I wish xNepali readers a very happy new year 2073. On the new year, I am looking back on the movies released in 2072 BS. The year was a tragic because of the earthquake and huge amount of the loss of human and properties. The movie release and shooting were also affected for months because of the tragic event.
Note – This is only a list of top movies. These new movies aren’t yet available online. I will share the full movies when the producers make them available online.
10 Hit movies of 2072
- Dreams – Anmol KC starrer movie produced and directed by his father Bhuwan KC was superhit movie of 2072.
- Woda Number 6 – The movie produced by ‘Tito Satya’ comedy show team – Deepak Raj Giri, Deepa Shree Niraula and Nirmal Sharma was superhit this year. It followed the last years hit release ‘Chha Ekan Chha’
- Kabaddi Kabaddi – The sequel of superhit movie ‘Kabaddi’ was similar to the original and it also received the similar success.
- Pardeshi – The movie made on foreign employment featuring Prashant Tamang and Rajani KC received a very good response from the viewers.
- Pashupati Prasad – The movie featuring Khagendra Lamichane and directed by Dipendra K Khanal was liked by the viewers. The movie is unique in the fact that it doesn’t have songs and fights.
- Prem Geet – Love story movie by director Sudarshan Thapa was also liked by viewers. The movie features Pradeep Khadka and Pooja Sharma in leading role.
- Classic – Another love story movie by director Dinesh Raut featured Aryan Sigdel and Namrata Shrestha in leadign roles.
- Resham Filili – The movie was released twice and was successful because of the popularity of the song Jalama.
- Nai Nabhannu La 4 – The fourth sequel of ‘Nai Nabhannu La’ franchise was as successful as it’s previous sequels. That is based on the response of the viewers in the last few day. The movie was released on last Friday.
- Bhairav – The comeback movie of Nikhil Upreti was also his directorial debut. The movie was a huge commercial success.
One of the top actors in Nepali movie industry, Dayahang Rai is turning 36 years old on April 13, 2016. I am creating a biography video of the actor to mark his birthday. This biography post is the data the video will be based on.
Movies of Dayahang Rai
Some of his movies of Dayahang Rai available in xnepali:
Nepali Movie – Sambodhan (Dayahang Rai, Namarata Shrestha)
Nepali Movie – Purano Dunga (New Year full movie Dayahang, Priyanka)
Nepali Movie – Lappan Chhappan
Nepali Movie – Mukhauta (Saugat Malla, Rajesh Hamal, Dayahang Rai)
Loot 2, Watch the full movie (Saugat Malla, Dayahang, Richa)
Nepali Moive – How Funny (Update)
Nepali Movie – Karkash (Dayahang Rai, Harshika)
Nepali Movie – Bir Bikram (Dayahang Rai, Diya Pun)
Nepali Movie – Nagbeli
Nepali Movie – Fanko
Nepali Movie – Sanghuro
Nepali Movie – Kabaddi Kabaddi
Nepali Movie – Loafer
Nepali Movie – Badhshala
Nepali Movie – Kabaddi
Nepali movie – Loot
Nepali Movie – Jholey
Nepali Movie – Highway
Nepali Movie – Chhadke
Nepali Movie – Dasdhunga
Profile of Dayahang Rai
- Name – Dayahang Rai
- Birthday – April 13, 1980
- Birthplace – Khawa VDC Bhojpur district,Eastern Nepal
- Education – IA – Geography (Bhojpur Multiple College), SLC (Annapurna Secondary School, Dilpa, 1998), School (Pashupati Lower Secondary School, Khawa)
- Spouse – Benuka Rai (married in 2006)
- Children – Samduhang Rai (son)
Nepali Movie – Kabaddi Kabaddi
Starring – Dayahang Rai, Saugat Malla, Rishma Gurung, Bijaya Baral, Buddhi Tamang etc.
Director – Ram Babu Gurung
A presentation of Black Horse Pictures and a production of Cinema Arts, Nepali movie ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ is the sequel of hit movie ‘Kabaddi’. Like the previous part, this part is also set in Naurikot Village in Mustang – about 400km away from Kathmandu. The story of this movie is set in the time one year after the events in the first sequel. The executive producer of the movie is Nischal Basnet. Nishchal Basnet has also given voice to one of the songs in the movie. ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ was released on November 27 2015. Nischal Basnet and Priyanka Karki are featured in cameo roles in the movie.
This week two new movies Ram Babu Gurung’s ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ and Shovit Basnet‘s ‘Jaun Hinda Pokhara’ have released in theater. The targeted audience of these two movies are not the same but, one would certainly affect the business of the other.
The sequel of the hit movie ‘Kabaddi’ by the same team is a highly awaited movie. Set in typical village environment and featuring well known actors like Dayahang Rai and Nischal Basnet in leading role are some of the strongest aspects of the movie. The directional talent of Ram Babu Gurung was seen in ‘Kabaddi’. The movie had won many awards and positive reviews from the viewers and reviewers. Actress Rishma Gurung is also establishing herself as a credible actress in Nepali film industry.
The director of the super hit movies ‘Loot’ and ‘Talakjung Vs Tulke’, and noted actor of movies like ‘Kabaddi’, Nischal Basnet has debuted as a singer in his upcoming movie ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’. Unlike most of other actors/actresses who have given voices to songs, Nischal is as good as a professional singer. May be it is the magic of the music composer Kali Prasad Baskota but, after listening to the song, one can be sure that Nischal has a potential of being a singer.
[Here are the links to watch ‘Loot’ and watch ‘Talakjung VS Tulke’ and watch ‘Kabaddi’ – all super-hit movies of Nischal]
The sequel of ‘Kabaddi’, Ram Babu Gurung’s directorial venture, ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ is in post production phase. The story of a remote village in Mustang tries to replicate the success of ‘Kabaddi’ and is one of the awaited movies of the current time. The movie features Dayahang Rai, Saugat Malla, Nischal Basnet and Rishma Gurung in main roles. Actor Saugat Malla is a new addition to the characters to the ‘Kabaddi’ team. The romantic comedy movie is fully shot in Mustang. The movie is jointly produced by Nischal Basnet and Sunil Chand Rauniyar under Black Horse Pictures banner.