The 9th edition of NEFTA Awards was held at Dubai, UAE on December 23, 2016. A lot of Nepali artists attended the grand ceremony featuring performances of a lot of artists including Rajesh Hamal and Karishma Manandhar.
The dancers in the program were Karishma Mamandhar, Pooja Sharma, Chhulthim Gurung, Malina Joshi, Rista Basnet, Samragyee RL Shah, Namrata Sapkota, Jebina Karki. The male dancers were Rajesh Hamal, Anupbikram Shahi, Paul Shah, Najir Hussain, Salon Basnet, and Roshit Rumba.
The award winner movies are:
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ here – Best Movie, Best Dilogue (Khagendra Lamichhane), Best Supporting Actor (Prakash Ghimire), Best Actor in Negative Role (Bipin Karki)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ here – Popular Film, Best Newcomer Actress (Samragyee RL Shah) , Popular Actor (Anmol KC)
- Watch ‘Woda Number 6’ here – Best Director (Ujjwal Ghimire), Best Arranger (Rajan Ishan), Best Art Director (Pasang T Sherpa)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ here- Best Actor (Dayahang Rai), Best Story (Rambabu Gurung / Upendra Subba)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ here – Best Cinematographer (Purushottam Pradhan), Best Lyrics (Dr. Krishna Hari Baral), Best Newcomer Actor (Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Fanko’ here – Best Script (Subarna Thapa), Best Editing (Bipin Malla), Best Background Music (Sujil Karmacharya)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ – Popular Actress (Pooja Sharma), Best Music (Arjun Pokharel), Best Choreographer (Renasha Bantawa Rai), Best Singer Male (Sugam Pokharel), Best Singer Female (Anju Panta), Best Dress design (Yubi Thapa and Yogita Pun)
- Watch ‘Dhauli’ here – Sound Mixing (Uttam Neupane)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ here – Best Action (Himal KC)
- Classic (not available now) – Best Actress (Namrata Shrestha)
- Janmabhumi – Best Supporting Actress (Nishma Ghimire)
- Adhakatti – Best Comedy Actor (Wilson Bikram Rai)
- Timi Nabhaya – Best Ethnic Film
- Ko Afno – Best Make up (Dipu Poudel)
In the film awards held in this year either Dayahang Rai had won the best actor award or Aryan Sigdel. For the first time, Kamana Film Award 2016 has awarded Saugat Malla the award for his role in ‘Fanko’.
The award ceremony held at the Army Officers’ Club in Kathmandu on December 3, 2016 awarded different awards to ten movies. Out of them, seven movies are available to watch in full in xnepali. Click on the following links to watch the movies:
Watch award winning movies:
- Watch ‘Fanko’ (Best Actor Award)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ (Best Dialogue)
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ (Best film award, Best Screenplay, Best Director, Best Actor in Negative Role)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ (Best Make Up, Best Playback Singer – Anju Pant, Best Playback singer – Sugam Pokharel, Best Lyrics, Best Music, Best Supporting Actor)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ (Best new Actor – Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ (Best Cinematography, Best New Actress – Samragyee, Best New Director – Bhuwan)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ (Best Action)
Three award winning movies not available in xnepali yet are:
In the Nepali film award organized by Gopi Krishna Movies, the ‘Classic’ actors Namrata Shrestha and Aryan Sigdel were chosen the best actors. But, the winner of the best movie award was ‘Pashupati Prasad’. The Best director award went to Dinesh Raut, the director of ‘Classic’. The editor of ‘Classic’ Surendra Poudel also won the Best Editor award.
Watch award winning movies in full:
The full list of winners are:
- Best Movie – Pashupati Prasad
- Best Commercial movie – Dreams
In an event held in Kathmandu on September 8, 2016 actress Namrata Shrestha had been awarded the fourth award for her role in ‘Classic’.
Namrata Shrestha was awarded the best actress award in:
- National Film Award 2016 (Winners of National Film Awards)
- FAAN 2016 (Winners of FAAN Award)
- D Cine Award 2016 (Winners of D Cine Award)
- LG Films Award 2016 (This post)
The best actor award winner Dayahang Rai has also won the award two times. In other two times, Namrata’s partner in ‘Classic’ Aryan Sigdel was awarded. The best movie award was handed over to ‘Pashupati Prasad’.
Watch the award winning films:
The Film Artists Association of Nepal (FAAN) organized the first ever film awards in Kathmandu on July 2, 2016. In the award ceremony ‘Pashupati Prasad’ was awarded the best movie of the year. The awards were awarded in 24 different categories. The prime minister, KP Oli, was the chief guest of the event.
The actor and the actress of ‘Classic’ Aryan Sigdel and Namrata Shrestha were awarded the best actor and actress of the year in the ceremony. The director and writer of the best movie ‘Pashupati Prasad’, Dipendra K Khanal and Bipin Karki were awarded the best director and the best writer respectively.
Full list of the winners of the award are:
Nepali Movie – Bhairav
Starring – Nikhil Upreti, Anu Shah, Muralidhar, Jaya Kishan Basnet, Nagendra Rijal, Robin Sen etc.
Director – Nikhil Upreti
Watch the full movie ‘Bhairav’ in a single part:
The action actor Nikhil Upreti has flown to the USA on Friday, February 5 for the show of his movie ‘Bhairav’ in California, USA. The comeback movie of Upreti, ‘Bhairav’ features him as the producer, director and the leading actor. Made on the story of a police officer, ‘Bhairav’ was well received by the viewers.
Before flying to the USA, Nikhil Upreti has signed a new film of director Madhusudhan Bhattarai. The details of the unnamed movie is not available yet.
Video report on Nikhil’s US travel:
The show of ‘Bhairav’ is scheduled to be held in a theater in California in the evening of February 9, 2016. There are no other shows of the movies yet, but Nikhil expects more demands of the movies in other parts of the USA.
Actor Rajesh Hamal surprised everybody when he went to watch Nikhil Upreti‘s movie ‘Bhairav’ in theater as a part of the promotion of the movie. Rajesh Hamal is not known to promote movies like that. He usually didn’t participate in the promotion of his own movies. Rajesh went to Astanarayan theater to watch ‘Bhairav’ on Saturday, September 5.
Talking to the journalist in the event, Nikhil revealed that he is planning a movie with Rajesh Hamal. Although they had shared screen in the past, now the time has changed for both of them. Usually a very busy actor, Rajesh Hamal is free these days. Nikhil has proved that he still has his fans and star power with the success of ‘Bhairav’.
This Friday, on August 28, two of the most awaited movies are releasing in theater. Actor Nikhil Upreti‘s comeback movie ‘Bhairav’ and the movie of the viral song, ‘Resham Filili’. These two movies are targeted to two different types of audience – one for action movie lovers and other for comedy movie lovers.
Nikhil Upreti’s movie ‘Bhairav’ went through a lengthy process of Censor Board and was finally granted a PG certificate two days before the release. The Board had questioned the political aspect of the movie. The movie is also the debut of Nikhil as a director.
UPDATE (November 17) – ‘Jaun Hinda Pokhara’ release date November 20 and ‘Adha Page’ date December 25 added.
Nepali year 2072 BS started on Tuesday, Baisaksh 1 (April 14, 2015). No new Nepali movies were released on the first Friday of the new year, on April 17. On the second week, April 24 new movie ‘Resham Filili’ was released and previously released film ‘Jhola’ was also re-released. On the very next day, devastating earthquake hit Nepal and and halted all the film activities for the next few months.
The earthquake was the reason behind no new film release for three months from April to July.
Full movie release calendar of 2072:
- April 24 (Baisakh 11) – Resham Filili and Jhola (re-release) – Read release news
- April 25 – (7.8 M Earthquake halted all film activities till July)
- July 3 (Ashad 17) – One Side Love (‘One Side Love’ release news)
- July 10 (Ashad 25) – Jungbhumi (‘Jungbhumi’ release news)
- July 17 –
- July 24 –
- July 31 (Shrawan 15) – Paap (‘Paap’ release news)
- August 7 (Shrawan 22) – Sapana Timro Mero (‘Sapana Timro Mero’ release news)
- August 14 – (no new releases)
- August 21 (Bhadra 4) – Hostel Returns (movie release news)
- August 28 (Bhadra 11) – Resham Filili and Bhairav (2 movies) (release news) (release news)
- September 4 –
- September 11 (Bhadra 25) – Luv Sab, Dhoon,
Jaun Hida Pokhara (2 movies)
- September 18 (Ashoj 1) – Woda Number 6 (release news)
- September 25 (Ashoj 8) – Kaamchor, Chankhe Shankhe Pnakhe, Highway to Dhumpus, Bhale Fight (4 movies release news)
- October 2 – Woda Number Chha (out of Kathmandu – report)
- October 9 (Ashoj 22) – Natiza (‘Natiza’ release news report)
- October 16 –
- October 20 (Kartik 3) –
Adhakatti (in theaters out of Kathmandu), Sushri
- October 23 (Kartik 6) – Adhakatti,
Chankhe Shankhe Pankhe, Paradeshi and Thamel dot com (5 movies including Sushri – release news) – 4 movies releasing on Fulpati.
- October 30 –
- November 6 (Kartik 20) – Bindaas 3, Naagarik (2 movies) (Bindaas 3 release news)
- November 13 (Kartik 27) – Lootera
- November 20 (Mangsir 4) – Kabaddi Kabaddi, Jaun Hinda Pokhara
- November 27 –
- December 4 – (Mangsir 18) – Chocolate
- December 11 – (Mangsir 25) – Lati, Agni,
- December 18 –
- December 25 (Poush 10) – Dhauli, Adha Page, Tista Pariko Saino (release news)
- January 1 – (Poush 17) – Bich Bato, Sneha, Dhauli (in Kathmandu) (release news)
- January 8 – Bagmati
- January 15 (Magh 1) – Fanko, Kafal Pakyo (2 films) – release news
- January 22 – Chhal – release news
- January 29 (Magh 15)- Pashupati Prasad, Refuge (release news)
- February 5 (Magh 22) – Kaifiyat, Superhit, Bindaas 3 (release news)
- February 12 (Magh 29) – Classic, Prem Geet, Chalechha Batas Sustari (3 movies – release news)
- February 19 (Falgun 7) – Fagu, Ko Afno, Soldier (‘Ko Afno’ release news) | Release news
- February 26 –
Khurpa (Khurpa release news)
- March 4 (Falgun 21) – Fulai Fulko Mausam Timilai, Dreams (‘Fulai Fulko Mausam Timilai’ release news |‘Dreams’ release news)
- March 11 –
- March 18 –
Bhaag Saani Bhaag and Lakshya (release news)
- March 25 –
- April 1 – Makhamali
- April 8 (Chaitra 26) – Nai Nabhannu La 4, Rampyari (news about 6 movies releasing on same day.)
The dialogue spoken in the trailer of Nikhil Upreti‘s upcoming movie ‘Bhairav’ is found to be similar to that of a South Indian movie, ‘Temper’. The dialogue in the trailer of the Telugu movie (attached below) is as follows:
Sub-Inspector of Police, department …. (Telugu dialogue) fully corrupted, criminal minded, 100 % cunning.
The similar dialogue in ‘Bhairav’ goes like:
Inspector of police, department ko headache, fully violent, criminal minded, 100% mental…
Changing Sub-Inspector to Inspector and the word cunning to mental doesn’t makes it authentic. Now, the question is, is it only the dialogue or the whole movie that is copied from the movie ‘Temper’?
The action star of Nepali film industry, Nikhil Upreti, is making comeback in the June 5 release, ‘Bhairav’. The movie previously scheduled to release earlier in 2015 was delayed because of the shooting of ‘Lutera’. In the trailer released on June 25, he is featured in action role and is trying to get back his previous popularity.
In the home production movie ‘Bhairav’ Nikhil has also debuted as the director. The movie features Nikhil with Anu Shah, Muralidhar, Nagendra Rijal and Robin Hood Sen in main roles. The movie is made on criminal activities in the Indo-Nepal boarder.
The first look poster of the Nikhil Upreti comeback movie ‘Bhairav’ is released online. The poster features actress Nikhil Upreti in police officer uniform, actress Anu Shah, and producer Ratan Daruwalla. A trailer of the movie was released earlier. Nikhil’s action in the trailer was appreciated by the viewers.
The movie ‘Bhairav’ is Nikhil’s home production and he is also the director of the movie. It has been about six years since he acted in the last Nepali movie.
The release date of the movie on floor ‘Lootera’ has been announced even before the shooting has completed. The release is scheduled for August 28, 2015. The movie produced by the distributor and theater owner, Gopal Kayastha, is scheduled to release on the occasion of Janai Purnima festival.
Known to be a successful distributor, Gopal says that he is going to be a successful producer with ‘Lootera’. The shooting of the movie featuring Nikhil Upreti in leading role has reportedly delayed the release of his movie ‘Bhairav’. The movie was initially scheduled to release on April 1 has been delayed because the producer Nikhil is too busy in the shooting and hasn’t found time to promote the movie before the release.
Actor Nikhil Upreti is going to produce a movie titled ‘Bhairav’ and featuring actress Anu Shah opposite to Nikhil Upreti. In the movie, actress Rekha Thapa is also going to be featured as an item girl.
Nikhil and Rekha were not in good terms for a long time and they had reportedly patched up recently.