The 9th edition of NEFTA Awards was held at Dubai, UAE on December 23, 2016. A lot of Nepali artists attended the grand ceremony featuring performances of a lot of artists including Rajesh Hamal and Karishma Manandhar.
The dancers in the program were Karishma Mamandhar, Pooja Sharma, Chhulthim Gurung, Malina Joshi, Rista Basnet, Samragyee RL Shah, Namrata Sapkota, Jebina Karki. The male dancers were Rajesh Hamal, Anupbikram Shahi, Paul Shah, Najir Hussain, Salon Basnet, and Roshit Rumba.
The award winner movies are:
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ here – Best Movie, Best Dilogue (Khagendra Lamichhane), Best Supporting Actor (Prakash Ghimire), Best Actor in Negative Role (Bipin Karki)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ here – Popular Film, Best Newcomer Actress (Samragyee RL Shah) , Popular Actor (Anmol KC)
- Watch ‘Woda Number 6’ here – Best Director (Ujjwal Ghimire), Best Arranger (Rajan Ishan), Best Art Director (Pasang T Sherpa)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ here- Best Actor (Dayahang Rai), Best Story (Rambabu Gurung / Upendra Subba)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ here – Best Cinematographer (Purushottam Pradhan), Best Lyrics (Dr. Krishna Hari Baral), Best Newcomer Actor (Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Fanko’ here – Best Script (Subarna Thapa), Best Editing (Bipin Malla), Best Background Music (Sujil Karmacharya)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ – Popular Actress (Pooja Sharma), Best Music (Arjun Pokharel), Best Choreographer (Renasha Bantawa Rai), Best Singer Male (Sugam Pokharel), Best Singer Female (Anju Panta), Best Dress design (Yubi Thapa and Yogita Pun)
- Watch ‘Dhauli’ here – Sound Mixing (Uttam Neupane)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ here – Best Action (Himal KC)
- Classic (not available now) – Best Actress (Namrata Shrestha)
- Janmabhumi – Best Supporting Actress (Nishma Ghimire)
- Adhakatti – Best Comedy Actor (Wilson Bikram Rai)
- Timi Nabhaya – Best Ethnic Film
- Ko Afno – Best Make up (Dipu Poudel)
One of the few actresses who has been lucky to be featured in three hit movies in the start of her acting career, Barsha Raut, has turned 23 on December 14, 2016. To celebrate her birthday, Barsha went to one of the theatres in Kathmandu and celebrated with the viewers of her movie ‘Jatra’. The movie marks the hat trick in giving hit movies right after entering the Nepali movie industry. Barsha’s earlier two movies ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ and ‘Chhakka Panja’ both were successful commercially.
Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ here.
Video report on Barsha’s birthday celebration:
During the birthday celebration, Barsha’s boyfriend, Sanjog Koirala, was also present. Both Sanjog and Barsha talked about their love affair and their ups and lows in knowing each other for the last five years. Sanjog Koirala is also an actor.
In the film awards held in this year either Dayahang Rai had won the best actor award or Aryan Sigdel. For the first time, Kamana Film Award 2016 has awarded Saugat Malla the award for his role in ‘Fanko’.
The award ceremony held at the Army Officers’ Club in Kathmandu on December 3, 2016 awarded different awards to ten movies. Out of them, seven movies are available to watch in full in xnepali. Click on the following links to watch the movies:
Watch award winning movies:
- Watch ‘Fanko’ (Best Actor Award)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ (Best Dialogue)
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ (Best film award, Best Screenplay, Best Director, Best Actor in Negative Role)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ (Best Make Up, Best Playback Singer – Anju Pant, Best Playback singer – Sugam Pokharel, Best Lyrics, Best Music, Best Supporting Actor)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ (Best new Actor – Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ (Best Cinematography, Best New Actress – Samragyee, Best New Director – Bhuwan)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ (Best Action)
Three award winning movies not available in xnepali yet are:
The nominations of the fourth edition of INAS Film Award, to be held in Gangtok, Sikkim on Kartik 24, were released on November 4, 2016. There are three nominations on each of 19 different categories. The award is being organized by the International Nepali Artist Association (INAS). In the award movies released in 2015 and released till April 15 of 2016 were included. ‘Classic’ has led the list with nominations in 9 categories, ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ follows with 6 categories and ‘Pashupati Prasad’ in 5 categories. These three movies are also the top three movies in the nomination.
Watch the nominated movies:
Best Movie Award, Best Director Award and Best Actor Awards nomination to the following three movies:
- Pashupati Prasad
- Calssic (‘Classic’ will be available online soon)
- Kabaddi Kabaddi
To make it easier for our viewers, I have collected all the sequels of the one of the most popular Nepali movie franchise, ‘Nai Nabhannu La’. Although the initial response was lukewarm, the movie piked up in later days.
The first sequel of ‘Nai Nabhannu La’ was released in August of 2010. One of the movie theatres, Hira Ratna, had removed the movie on the second day of it’s release because of low turn out of the viewers (read my report of 2010 – Did viewers say “Nai” to “Nai Na Bhannu La” the next day?). But, the musical love story movie turned out to be a blockbuster movie and did a good business in the theaters inside and outside of Kathmandu valley (Read the Year end report of the movies in 2010). Let me compare the four sequels of the movie in a tabular form:
Although I have all of these movies in separate post, I am compiling them all in one place so that you can enjoy them at the same time. Please comment which one do you like the most and why.
Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’
Festival seasons are the most preferred time of the release of Nepali movies in theatre. Because of the popularity of online release, these days, the film producers have also started releasing movies online on festival season. On this Tihar, five new movies were released online and I have shared them in separate posts. It is very interesting that each of the movie has uniqueness to look out for.
The movie ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ was a superhit movie like it’s previous sequels. The movie is worth a watch.
A short film ‘Bhai Tika’ is exclusive online. The movie features Miss Nepal 2012, Shristi Shrestha in leading role. The short and simple movie is about Bhai Tika. It is worth a watch for everybody who has a brother or a sister.
The top 5 nominations for the 9th edition of NEFTA Awards has been released. In NEFTA Award 2016 the movies ‘Classic’ and ‘Prem Geet’ have received the most number of nominations in the 31 categories announced by the origanizer. Classic has been nominated in 18 categories and ‘Prem Geet’ is nominated in 17 different categories. In third place, ‘Pashupati Prasad’ has been nominated in 9 categories. I have also listed the movies nominated, and available to watch in full.
NEFTA Nominated Films (Watch Full movies)
The award ceremony will be held on December 23, 2016 in Dubai of UAE. The nominations are prepared by a 5-member selection committee led by Bharat Shakya among the movies released in the year 2072.
The Film Artists Association of Nepal (FAAN) organized the first ever film awards in Kathmandu on July 2, 2016. In the award ceremony ‘Pashupati Prasad’ was awarded the best movie of the year. The awards were awarded in 24 different categories. The prime minister, KP Oli, was the chief guest of the event.
The actor and the actress of ‘Classic’ Aryan Sigdel and Namrata Shrestha were awarded the best actor and actress of the year in the ceremony. The director and writer of the best movie ‘Pashupati Prasad’, Dipendra K Khanal and Bipin Karki were awarded the best director and the best writer respectively.
Full list of the winners of the award are:
UPDATE: Hit New movies added in xnepali:
I wish xNepali readers a very happy new year 2073. On the new year, I am looking back on the movies released in 2072 BS. The year was a tragic because of the earthquake and huge amount of the loss of human and properties. The movie release and shooting were also affected for months because of the tragic event.
Note – This is only a list of top movies. These new movies aren’t yet available online. I will share the full movies when the producers make them available online.
10 Hit movies of 2072
- Dreams – Anmol KC starrer movie produced and directed by his father Bhuwan KC was superhit movie of 2072.
- Woda Number 6 – The movie produced by ‘Tito Satya’ comedy show team – Deepak Raj Giri, Deepa Shree Niraula and Nirmal Sharma was superhit this year. It followed the last years hit release ‘Chha Ekan Chha’
- Kabaddi Kabaddi – The sequel of superhit movie ‘Kabaddi’ was similar to the original and it also received the similar success.
- Pardeshi – The movie made on foreign employment featuring Prashant Tamang and Rajani KC received a very good response from the viewers.
- Pashupati Prasad – The movie featuring Khagendra Lamichane and directed by Dipendra K Khanal was liked by the viewers. The movie is unique in the fact that it doesn’t have songs and fights.
- Prem Geet – Love story movie by director Sudarshan Thapa was also liked by viewers. The movie features Pradeep Khadka and Pooja Sharma in leading role.
- Classic – Another love story movie by director Dinesh Raut featured Aryan Sigdel and Namrata Shrestha in leadign roles.
- Resham Filili – The movie was released twice and was successful because of the popularity of the song Jalama.
- Nai Nabhannu La 4 – The fourth sequel of ‘Nai Nabhannu La’ franchise was as successful as it’s previous sequels. That is based on the response of the viewers in the last few day. The movie was released on last Friday.
- Bhairav – The comeback movie of Nikhil Upreti was also his directorial debut. The movie was a huge commercial success.
Two of the most awaited movies of the year, ‘Rampyari’ and ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ are released in theater today, on April 9, 2016.
Nai Nabhannu La 4
The fourth sequel of the highly successful franchise, ‘Nai Nabahnnu La 4’ is directed by Bikash Acharya and features Pal Shah, Barsha Raut, Aanchal Sharma, Priyanka Karki and others. Like the previous sequels, the love story movie is expected to make the viewers cry.
The fourth sequel of the hit series ‘Nai Nabhannu La’, ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ is scheduled to released o April 8, 2016. The movie is going to be released in Australia and the USA at that same date. Video report:
The movie ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ is produced by US resident businessman Haribol Bhandari and Australian NRN Dinesh Pokharel in association with the director Bikash Acharya. The movie is set to release in 8 different cities in Australia.
In a program held at Ganesh Mandir at Kamaladi, the shooting of the upcoming movie ‘Kismat 2’ was officially inaugurated. The movie is a sequel of the successful movie by Chhabi Raj Ojha, ‘Kismat’. In the event, the script and the clap-board of the movie were worshiped in the temple of the god, Ganesh. In Hindu culture, god Ganesh is considered the god to help during the initial stage of any work.
The shooting of the movie is scheduled to start on September 10 in locations in Jomsom. Director Rishi Lamichhane is directing the movie. Shyam Bhattarai was the director selected to direct the movie initially. But, as Shyam headed towards the USA and is not expected to return back anytime soon, Rishi is chosen to direct the movie. The director Shyam Bhattarai had gone on the refuge of Chhabi Ojha when he was kicked out of Rekha Thapa‘s movie, ‘Himmatwali’. To compensate for the unjust caused by Rekha, Chhabi had promised to let Shyam direct one of his movies.
UPDATE – Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ full movie here.
The record-breaking fourth sequel of ‘Nai Nabhannu La’ franchise, ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ was inaugurated officially in a program held on Krishna Asthami in Kathmandu. The inauguration ceremony was held in Maitidevi temple. In the event, Bikash Acharya introduced the new actors in the sequel.
The movie to be made on a triangular love story will be directed by Bikash Acharya. In every sequel Bikash has introduced new artists. So far, all the releases have been very successful.
Debut machine Nai Nabhannu La franchise:
[Full movies: Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La’ and ‘watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 2’ and the ‘Nai Nabhannu La 3’ is coming soon]
Nepali movie industry is a very strange type of industry. In our film industry, most of the business logics fail economic has the least effect on film making. Because of the lack of professionalism in the industry, personal ego and social status are considered more important than the economic viability of the movie. The announcement of 6 movies on the same day, at the end of the year, can considered one of such examples.
On the last Friday of the year 2072 BS, on Chaitra 26 (April 8, 2016), six different movie makers have announced the release date of their movies. It is interesting that five out of the six movies are yet to go to the floor yet. The movies are:
Out of these movies, only the movie ‘Lootera’ has completed its shooting. The movie featuring Nikhil Upreti was previously announced to be released in Tihar but now the release date has been delayed by 5 months. The crew and artists of some of the movies are yet to be determined.
Even before the release of the third sequel of ‘Nai Nabhannu La’, the song recording of the fourth sequel has already started. The title song of the movie is recorded on the voice of singer Rajesh Payal Rai. The song titled ‘Aanshu Jharna dinna timro Aankhabata… ‘ is written and composed by Basanta Sapkota.
The movie ‘Nai Nabhannu La 3’ is scheduled to release on Chaitra 27, 2071. The producer and the director of the first and second sequels, Bikash Acharya, will also direct the fourth sequel.