In the film awards held in this year either Dayahang Rai had won the best actor award or Aryan Sigdel. For the first time, Kamana Film Award 2016 has awarded Saugat Malla the award for his role in ‘Fanko’.
The award ceremony held at the Army Officers’ Club in Kathmandu on December 3, 2016 awarded different awards to ten movies. Out of them, seven movies are available to watch in full in xnepali. Click on the following links to watch the movies:
Watch award winning movies:
- Watch ‘Fanko’ (Best Actor Award)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ (Best Dialogue)
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ (Best film award, Best Screenplay, Best Director, Best Actor in Negative Role)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ (Best Make Up, Best Playback Singer – Anju Pant, Best Playback singer – Sugam Pokharel, Best Lyrics, Best Music, Best Supporting Actor)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ (Best new Actor – Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ (Best Cinematography, Best New Actress – Samragyee, Best New Director – Bhuwan)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ (Best Action)
Three award winning movies not available in xnepali yet are:
- Classic (Best Sound Design, Best Editing, Best Supporting Actress – Priyanka Karki, Best Actress – Namrata Shrestha)
- Adhakatti (Best Comedy Actor – Wilson Bikram Rai)
- Bagmati (Best Child Artist – Kanchan Thakuri)
Out of the five best movie nominated movies – ‘Woda Number 6’ din’t win any awards. (watch ‘Woda Number 6’ here). Other nominations for best film award were ‘Prem Geet’, ‘Classic’, ‘Pashupati Prasad’ and ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’.
Actress Namrata Shrestha has been winning every awards for the role she did in ‘Classic’. Namrata has ben awarded 7 awards for the same movie, same role.
Priyanka Karki won two awards – one for the supporting role in ‘Classic’ and another for the Popular Choice Award – decided by public voting. Paul Shah and Samragyee RL Shah were the winner of the new actors categories. Bhuwan KC won the new director award. ‘Prem Geet’ won awards for it music including lyrics, music, and playback singers.
Soap in the Invitation letter
The organizers had sent an attractive invitation letter – more like an advertisement than an invitation to an award ceremony. By looking at the package nobody could guess it was an award ceremony. The package, designed by the sponsor – Unilever doesn’t even has a word ‘Film’ in it’s cover. The only writing about the event is “Lux Kamana Awards” and it has a full feminine touch of pink roses and a pink coloured soap.
There were also two sample soaps in the box. Although the organizer also publish a film magazine, they didn’t mention about the publication or the Nepali movie industry. I think, Kamana Publication lost a very attractive promotional opportunity. They could have included a copy of ‘Kamana’ or at least a few interesting pages of the magazine.