An award ceremony for those who can ask as many people to vote for them to win the award – Online Filmykhabar Award 2071 was held in Kathmandu today. The award is organized by filmykhabar.com where you can vote for your favorite movie or artists.
Anyways, here are the winners of OFA 2071:
- Best Movie – Nai Nabhannu La 2
- Best Director – Bikash Acharya (Nai Nabhannu La 2)
- Best Musician – Basanta Sapkota (Nai Nabhannu La 2)
- Best Singer – Prem Pariyar (Nai Nabhannu La 2)
- Best Lyricist – Dr. Krishnahari Baral (Nai Nabhannu La 2)
That was 5 out of 17 awards to Nai Nabhannu La 2.
- Best Actress Award – Priyanka Karki
- Best Actor Award – Dayahang Rai
- Popular Debut Director – Hemraj BC (Hostel)
- Best singer (female) – Milan Amatya (Hostel)
- Popular Debut Actor – Anamol KC (Hostel)
- Popular Debut Actress – Ashishma Nakarmi (Antaral)
- Critics award – Mokshya
- Popular scriptwriter – Chha Ekan Chha
- Best Cinematographer – Purushottam Pradhan
- Best Editor – Bipin Malla
- Best Choreographer – Kabiraj Gahatraj
- Costume Designer – Neelima Sharma
- Lifetime achievement award – Shiva Regmi
- Best theater award – Nilkhanta Chalchitra Mandir (Damak, Jhapa)
A similar award was organized by another website, merocinema. I thought that the basis of the award was flawed (and wrote about it). After the first edition, the award stopped. I still believe voting system for award is flawed and OFA is the same. ‘Jhola’ confirmed my suspicion by refusing to participate in the award ceremony. I still believe the following statement I wrote in 2010:
… the best (and the busiest) artists usually are defeated in such polls.