New movies of Rekha Thapa and her ex-husband Chhabi Raj Ojha, ‘Rampyari’ and ‘Kismat 2’ are currently scheduled to release on the year end (on Chaitra 26). According to latest sightings, it is likely that Rekha might stick to that date and Chhabi might stay clear of the date. When asked to Chhabi, he denied such change in release date, but my analysis is different from what Chhabi has told.
Video report on analysis:
After the divorce, every movies Chhabi and Rekha had produced were initially scheduled to release on the same date:
Kali VS Loafer
- Rekha’s movie ‘Kali’ and Chhabi’s movie ‘Loafer’ were scheduled to release on the same date – on October 11, 2013.
- Rekha smartly convinced Chhabi to distribute ‘Kali’ and postponed ‘Loafer’ for a later date. In that process, Rekha earned new enemy – the people who she had initially promised for ‘Kali’ distribution. That was the reason, ‘Damini’ another Bhojpuri dubbed Nepali movie featuring Rekha Thapa was released on the same date to counter ‘Kali’.
- ‘Kali’ became successful, both Rekha and Chhabi profited from the success (Rekha bought a new car too). ‘Loafer’ was released on December 6 but, failed to impress the viewers.
- Rekha thwarted the competition, acted smart and won! At the time of the release of ‘Loafer’ Rekha didn’t even show up. (She had gone to Hong Kong at that time).
- A few months after that Rekha accused Chhabi of being a ‘talk-head’ and they had exchange of bitter words.
- In response to Chhabi Raj Ojha’s statement about writing a book on his relationship with Rekha Thapa, Rekha was really mad. Rekha regratted the marriage and posted a nasty hate-message in Facebook. \
Lazza Vs Himmatwali
- Rekha’s second movie ‘Himmatali’ and Chhabi’s ‘Lazza’ were also scheduled to release at the same time. The trailers of the two movies were released within a few days.
- But, the release dates were different ‘Himmatwali’ was released in Dashain of 2014 and ‘Lazza’ was released on October 25, 2014, in Tihar. It was a win-win for both of them.
- Chhabi had embraced Shyam Bhattarai, the director Rekha Thapa had kicked out of the ‘Himmatwali’ team after the completion of a few days of shooting. Initially, Shyam was to direct ‘Kismat 2’. But, when he got USA visa and decided to stay there, Chhabi had assigned Rishi Lamichhane to direct the movie.
At the time of the release of Chhabi Raj Ojha’s movie ‘Hawaldar Suntali’ Rekha didn’t have a new movie to compete with him. Now, at the time of Rekha’s third movie, ‘Rampyari’ Chhabi has a competition.
Is ‘Kali’ incident likely to repeat again? It seems so.
I have recently posted the full list of Chhabi Raj Ojha films.