Three celebrity sons got married this week.
- Mohit Bamsha Acharya (Hari Bamsha Acharya’s son)
- Sakriya Malla (Krishna Malla and Sharmila Malla’s son)
- Dipesh Raj Giri (Deepak Raj Giri’s son)
Comedy actor and the writer/producer of ‘Chha Ekan Chha’, ‘Woda Number 6’ and ‘Chhakka Panja’, Deepak Raj Giri, got a new daughter-in-law, Mira Gyawali. His son Dipesh Raj Giri got married in a private family function. A few close friends and families were invited to the wedding.
Well known actor of the past, Krishna Malla, and his wife, also a well known actress of the past, Sharmila Malla also got a daughter-in-law this week. Their only child Sakriya Malla got married in a private function. A number of film industry personalities were invited in the reception party held after the marriage.
The son of comedy actor and producer Deepak Raj Giri had married in a secret and family event in Kathmandu. According to reports the elder son of Deepak Raj Giri – Deepesh Giri had married Mira Gyawali of Kritipur on July 2, 2017. The invitees in the marriage ceremony were the close family members of the bride and groom and a few film sector friends of Deepak Raj Giri.
According to the photo obtained online, the ‘Chhakka Panja 2’ team was invited to the marriage.
Last week, during the NFDC National film award program the producer and the director of ‘Chhakka Panja’, Deepak Raj Giri and Deepa Shree Niraula left the venue mid-way. When the movie won two Best Movie award, they were not available to receive it. That created a controversy for which Deepak and Deepa wrote Facebook statuses too. Deepa ‘personally’ thanked the organizers and Deepak told that there is no requirements that he needs to stay till the end of the program.
There were report that Deepak told, “We are not here to clap for others,” before he left the venue. Comedy actors Jitu Nepal and Kedar Ghimire had also left with Deepak and Deepa. So, when Kedar Ghimire won the Best Comedy Actor award, he wasn’t there to receive it.
Deepa in an interview with an online channel told that the accusation that they ran away from the program is false. She told that they didn’t have any complaints against the award organizers.
She told that Deepak and Deepa had work to do, similarly Jitu and Kedar had a meeting. The explanation however doesn’t make sense at all. But, in her later statements it is clear that she was lying.
Deepa says, “The timing wasn’t right – the award was awarded right after we got out of the venue.”
The ‘Chhakka Panja’ team attended NFDC Film award with high hopes. That was because, it was nominated in 15 categories – that was the most number of categories any movies were nominated in the award.
[Read the full nomination list of NFDC Award]
UPDATE – video report
What Happened at NFDC?
All the titles that ‘Chhakka Panja’ won – best movie, best actress, best director etc. were announced towards the end. In the star, all the awards were given to other films. Most of the awards ‘Chhakka Panja’ was nominated in went to ‘Purano Dunga’ – the movie that wasn’t as successful as ‘Chhakka Panja’. I can guess how torturous it would have been to Deepak and Deepa.
Who won in the categories ‘Chhakka Panja’ was nominated in? :
- Best Script – Purano Dunga
- Best cinematography – Purano Dunga
- Best Editing – Jatara (Mitra Gurung)
- Best Music – Purano Dunga
- Best Playback singing – Loot 2
- Best Choreographer – Loot 2
- Best Sound Mixing – Jatra
- Best Background Music – Chapali Height 2
- Best Actor – Jatra (Bipin Karki)
- Best Supporting Actor – Purano Dunga (Mao Tse Gurung)
- Best Supporting Actress – Purnao Dunga (Menaka Pradhan)
Chhakka Panja won
- Best Movie
- Best Director – Deepa Shree Niraula
- Best Actress – Priyanka Karki
- Best Comedy Actor – Kedar Ghimire
- Best Commercial Movie
The biggest release of the year 2016, ‘Chhakka Panja’ impressed everybody — except for the actress, Samragyee RL Shah. The movie team is going to make a sequel of the movie ‘Chhakka Panja Feri’. The producer and director Deepak Raj Giri and Deepa Shree Niraula had confirmed the movie in making a few days earlier. Deepak wrote about the new movie and told that most of the actors will repeat with an addition of a couple of top actor and actress. It seems, the ‘top actress’ has refused to act in the movie. Deepak had told that in addition to Kedar Ghimire, Priyanka Karki, Barsha Raut, Buddhi Tamang, the team had reportedly approached ‘Prem Geet’ actor Pradeep Khadka and Samragyee RL Shah for the leading roles.
According to the latest report, the ‘Dreams’ debut actress, Samragyee RL Shah has refused the offer of Deepak Raj Giri. There is no information about whether Pradeep Khadka has accepted the role. Samragyee is planning to be featured in the movie titled ‘Intu Mintu’, a movie to be directed by choreographer Renasha Bantawa Rai. The shooting of ‘Intu Mintu’ and ‘Chhakka Panja Feri’ are scheduled to start in Baisakh. Samragyee’s refusal to act in the movie is told to be because of the conflict of schedule between the two.
The producer and director of ‘Chhaka Panja’, Deepak Raj Giri and Deepa Shree Niraula have asked the police to investigate against themselves in a request letter submitted to the police. After returning from their Europe tour Deepak and Deepa had visited the police station to ask them to investigate the case of a suicide that was told to be caused after they threatened the victim.
A video about their visit to police (credit Onlinekhabar)
Chhaka Panja Piracy and suicide
After the piracy of the hit movie ‘Chhaka Panja’ the police had arrested 4 guys. The accused had shared the video of the movie with their friends. When the police found that they had only shared the video for entertainment and not for money, they released the guys.
After being accused and arrested by the police, one of the four suspects, Krishna Subedi, was released on bail. But, he later committed suicide accusing it being a murder. In social network, Deepak Raj Giri was accused of being the cause of death. In response, Deepak Raj Giri, has asked the police to do an investigation and find the truth and has asked everybody to believe that he is innocent. A video report on what Deepak had to say:
Nepali Movie – Chhakka Panja
Starring – Deepak Raj Giri, Priyanka Karki, Barsha Raut, Aryan Sigdel, Kedar Ghimire, Shiva Hari Poudel, Jitu Nepal, Namrata Sapkota, Buddhi Tamang etc.
Director – Deepa Shree Niraula
About ‘Chhakka Panja’
One of the most successful movies in the history of Nepali movie industry, ‘Chhakka Panja’ is the hat trick of super hit movies by the team of Deepak Raj Giri, Deepa Shree Niraula and Nirmal Sharma. The movie prior to this movie, both starting with ‘Chha’, ‘Chha Ekan Chha’ and ‘Woda Number Chha’ both were comedy movies and were successful. The movie was released online through the official channel.
The movie is the directorial debut of comedy actress Deepa Shree Niraula and one of the most successful movies directed by a female director.
The movie ‘Chhakka Panja’ has celebrated 100 days in the theatre on December 17, 2016. But, the pre-planned celebration by the film team was delayed because of the untimely demise of one of the actors in the movie. One of the popular comedian, popularly known as Ladalam after his character in ‘Tito Satya’, RP Bhattarai had died on December 9.
The hit movies by the team are also available to watch here:
How was ‘Chhakka Panja’ 100 days in theatre celebrated?
On December 17 the film team went to Pashupati temple to thank the god for the success of the movie. As the celebration party was delayed because of Ladalam’s death, they went to the theatres to meet the viewers. It was mostly a silent celebration.
The life of the comedy actor Deepak Raj Giri is a full package or failures and successes. Let me summarize Deepak’s life in a three-point list:
- Failures and successes
- Friendship and family
- Collaboration and coordination
Before I go in details about each of the aspects of Deepak’s life, you can watch Deepak’s biography:
Failures and successes in Deepak Raj Giri’s life
When you look at the life of Deepak Raj Giri, it was nothing to laugh at. A comedy actor, Deepak, went through a very tough time while growing up. Some of the depressing moments of Deepak’s life:
- Mother died when he was 4. As a kid, Deepak didn’t know what mother’s love is.
- Failed SLC twice. The School Leaving Certificate (SLC) exam is considered the iron gate of our life. Being not able to pass the basic school exam is considered a total failure in Nepali context.
- Marriage aged 18. Having a responsibility of a wife at an young age is an added responsibility.
- Ran away from police training. He was about to become a police officer. But, the training proved to be too tough and he had to run away before the completion of the training.
- Kicked out of home – When he couldn’t get into job and won’t earn a living, his father decided to teach him the life lesson and asked him take his family and live on his own.
- The movie featuring Deepak Raj Giri in leading role, ‘Sundar Mero Nam’ flopped.
Watch Deepak’s films
USA election doesn’t have much impact to Nepal. But, we are politically so much conscious that every geo-political situation all over the world interests us.
Some Nepali celebrities however are US citizens. Nepali celebrities don’t prefer to reveal the fact about their US citizenship because of the the lack of dual-citizenship provision in Nepal. The celebrities like Saroj Khanal, Suryamala Sharma, Premraja Mahat, Kristi Mainali, Sudhanshu Joshi, Sapana Shree, Harish Mathema, and Krishna Murari Dhungel are said to be US citizens.
- Actress Priyanka Karki wasn’t happy by Trump’s victory. She had written “Madam president”, in the morning and then she wrote, “… and the world is doomed!”
- Richa Sharma wrote “Congratulation to the winner.”
- Hari Bamsha Acharya’s son Mohit Bamsha asked, “How many of you are immigrating to Cananda?”
- Ruby Shah‘s comment was satirical – “Yaha deshko chha chinta, timi US-US bhanchchu.” (Meaning I am worried about my country and you are talking about USA).
- Malina Joshi wrote – #Godblessamerica, sharing The Independent article about Trump’s win.
- Nirmal Sharma (Gaida) congratulated Trump. He has written, “Don’t be like us. Let them go who wants to go to the USA. Let them stay, if they want to stay there. Don’t discontinue DV. Don’t fight and do your work.” (will attach in a while)
- Deepak Raj Giri (will attach)
- Singer Astha Raut has written a long post starting with , “I am feeling sorry for America…”
- Ex-Miss Nepal Shweta Singh wrote, “Victory of the blunt… Donald Trump .. Donald Trump.”
- Ex-Miss Nepal Malvika Subba wrote, “While America is all red, now who is planning to come back to Nepal?”
- Rekha Thapa hasn’t responded after the election result. Before the result, she had written that she ‘loves Hillary’.
Video report about the US Election result:
USA being the world leader in arms and economy has a potential of influencing everybody. Some of the stuffs I noticed about the US Election:
UPDATE: Dashain has finished today. I collected 100s of photos of celebrities. But, posting them in the page would not be that much interesting to the most of the site visitors. So, I collected the photos of 40+ Nepali actress celebrating Dashain this year and prepared a video (I deleted the video – nobody watched it).
I also prepared a video about the fist Dashain of two Miss Nepal sons. In addition to the sons of Jharana Bajracharya and Malvika Subba, the daughter of actress Richa Ghimire also celebrated her Dashain for the first time in her life.
The sole Nepali movie to release today, on September 9, 2016, is ‘Chhaka Panja’. The movie directed by Deepa Shree Niraula also marks the debut of the comedy actress as a director. The movie made on the problem youths face while going for foreign employment is expected to follow the trend of the previous movies of the same team – ‘Woda Number 6’ and ‘Chha Ekan Chha’. Both of these hit movies of the past are available to watch here:
‘Chhaka Panja’ features Deepak Raj Giri, Jitu Nepal, Buddhi Tamang, Shivahari Poudel, Kedar Ghimire and other comedy actors. The actresses in the movie include Priyanka Karki, Barsha Raut and Namrata Sapkota. Continue reading
Nepali movie – Chor
Starring – Rajesh Hamal, Bipana Thapa, Mina Shrestha, Narayan Tripathi, Laba Sharma, Anajali Lama, Deepak Raj Giri, Gopal Raj Mainali, Gopal Nepal Fistey, Daman Rupakheti etc.
Director – Raj Kumar Sharma
Watch the full movie ‘Chor’ in a single part:
Nepali Movie – Woda Number Chha (Woda Number 6)
Starring – Deepak Raj Giri, Priyanka Karki, Deepa Shree Niraula, Jitu Nepal, Kedar Ghimire, Sitaram Kattel, Dayahang Rai, Kishor Khatiwada, Shiva Hari Poudel, Sandip Chhetri, Wilson Bikram Rai etc.
Director – Ujjwal Ghimire
Watch the full movie in a single part: