There are conflicting reports of the magnitude of earthquake but, it is a very strong one. Most of the structures in Kathmandu have sustained damage by the earthquake. (UPDATE – The earthquake magnitude is 7.8 in Richter scale with huge amount of causality.)
People are warned to stay outdoors and remain calm as there might be more aftershocks. In a report, a 6.6-magnitude aftershock hit was hit after about an hour after the earthquake.
The damages and casualties in and around Kathmandu have been reported but details are yet to arrive.
The epicenter of the earthquake is 80 kilometers (49 mile) northwest of Kathmandu.
Last time, a 6.8 magnitude earthquake occurred in 2011 (our report of the earthquake of 2011). Also read the History of earthquake in Nepal.
Earthquake Updates (on May 2, 2015)
- Namrata Shrestha distributes relief materials in Kalthari
- No shooting and screening of Nepali movies for a fortnight
- Rekha Thapa helped earthquake victims
- Film artists team up with WHO to help earthquake victims
- Dhurmus, Suntali and other Nepali artists cut short their USA visit after earthquake
- Namrata Shrestha and Aryan Sigdel donated blood for earthquake victims for the first time in their lives
- Sweta Khadka to donate Kohinoor collection in the USA to earthquake victims
- Hostel Returns, Highway to Dhampus and Chankhe Shankhe Pankhe release postponed
- Neeta Dhungana lost her nephew to earthquake
- RIP Father of actor Sabin Shrestha
- Sushma Karki cries for Earthquake victims
- Earthquake: Rajesh Hamal cancels his program in Paris, returning back soon
- Director Himgyap Lama celebrates his â€˜re-birthâ€™ day by visiting earthquake affected areas
- 8 Bollywood film crew member killed in Nepal Earthquake, says Mugdha Godse
- Telugu actor K Vijay dies in Nepal Earthquake
- Rekha Thapa and Himgyap Lama sleep in car on fear of earthquake aftershocks
- Karishma Manandhar is earthquake ready â€“ a temporary residence like a film set
- New restaurant of Rajesh Payal Rai destroyed by earthquake
- Nepali Movie â€“ Miss Nepal
- Resham Filili show halted
- Shankar BC shooting unit escaped an Earthquake caused landslide in Chapali Height
9 thoughts on “7.8 magnitude earthquake in Kathmandu (video)”