A presentation of Black Horse Pictures and a production of Cinema Arts, Nepali movie ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ is the sequel of hit movie ‘Kabaddi’. Like the previous part, this part is also set in Naurikot Village in Mustang – about 400km away from Kathmandu. The story of this movie is set in the time one year after the events in the first sequel. The executive producer of the movie is Nischal Basnet. Nishchal Basnet has also given voice to one of the songs in the movie. ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ was released on November 27 2015. Nischal Basnet and Priyanka Karki are featured in cameo roles in the movie.
The winners of the Digital Cine Award 2072, organized by Chhaya Chhabi Creation was announced in a special program held in Kathmandu on December 21, 2015. In the award ceremony, the movie ‘November Rain’ bagged the most award – a total of eight awards including the best actors, best actress, best director awards.
While ‘November Rain’ became the best movie, ‘Bhimdatta’ was awarded the Critics Award and ‘Sunpani’ became the Special Film. Late actor Shree Krishna Shrestha‘s movie ‘Kohinoor’ was awarded the public choice award. Producer and film distributor Gopal Kayastha and actress Gauri Malla were awarded with Chhaya Chhabi Film Artist honor award. Film journalist Dabbu Chhetri was awarded the Chhaya Chhabi Film Journalism Award of value Rs. 7,777.
Watch Award winning movies
This is a partial list of the winners. Only the full movies available in xnepali are linked to the page to watch them:
- Watch ‘November Rain’ – winner of 8 Awards including Best Movie, Best Director, Best Actors
- Watch ‘Stupid Man’ – winner of Best Musician
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 3’ – winner of the Best New Director award
- Watch ‘Talakjung VS Tulke’ – Best Makeup
- Watch ‘Kabaddi’ – Winner of best script, sound mixing
- Watch ‘Hawaldar Suntali’ – winner of Best Singer, action
- Watch ‘Lazza’ – winner of best new actress
The nominations for the upcoming movie award, D Cine Award has been released. The 7th edition of the cinema award is one of the many Nepali film awards being held by various organizations. The Award has teamed up with CG (Chaudhary Group, the business organization of Binod Chaudhary) this year to rename it LG D Cine Award 2072. The award ceremony is scheduled to be held in Mangsir month.
The nomination list is prepared from the movies released in the year 2071 BS. There will be 38 different categories of the award in the award ceremony. The award organizer has told that most of the 82 movies released in the year have participated in the award.
The jury members of the Award ceremony are writer and director Mohan Niraula, journalist and director Bijayaratna Tuladhar, musician Santosh Shrestha, and the first female cinematographer of Nepal Sabanam Mukhiya. Three movies out of the 5 nominations for best movies are available to watch in xnepali.
Watch the nominated movies:
- Watch ‘Kabaddi’ – nominated for Best Movie Award, Best Director, Best Actor (male), Best Editing and others.
- Watch ‘Talakjung VS Tulke’ – nominated for Best Movie Award, Best Director award, Action and others.
- Watch ‘November Rain’ – nominated for Best Movie Award, Best Director, Best Actor (male), Best Actor (Female), Best Cinematography, Best Editing, Best Script, Best Supporting Actress (Female) and a lot of others.
- Watch ‘Birkhelai Chinchhas’ – Nominated for Best Script, Best New Director, Background Music,
- Watch ‘Jerryy’ – Nominated for Best Cinematography, Best New Actor (Female)
- Watch ‘Lazza’ – Nominated for Best New Actor (Female), Best Singer, Lyricist, Musician etc.
The nominations are as follows:
Aryan and Priyanka become the best actors
The 3rd edition of NFDC Film Award ceremony was held in Kathmandu on September 12 at Hotel Hayat in Boudha. TIn the ceremony ‘Kabaddi’ was awarded the best movie of the year 2071. Actor Aryan Sigdel was awarded the best actor for his role in ‘November Rain’ and actress Priyanka Karki was awarded the Best actress for her role in ‘Suntali’.
The best director award was handed over to the director of ‘Kabaddi’, Ram Babu Gurung. The full list of winners is as follows:
- Best Movie – Kabaddi
- Best Director – Ram Babu Gurung (Kabaddi)
- Best Actor in lead role – Aryan Sigdel (November Rain)
- Best Actress in lead role – Priyanka Karki (Suntali)
- Best Supporting Actor – Anup Bikram Shahi (Hasiya)
- Best New Actor (Male) – Sanjog Koirala (Utsav)
- Best New Actor (Female) – Ashma DC (Aavash)
- Best Script – Chetan Gurung (November Rain)
- Best Cinematography – Shailendra Dhoj Karki (Jerryy)
- Best Editing – Surendra Poudel (Aavash)
- Best Action – Tarakumar Upreti (Hasiya)
- Best Music – Taraprakash Limbu (November Rain)
- Best Choreography – Kabiraj Gahatraj (Hawaldar Suntali)
- Best Backgroun Music – Ramji Lamichhana (Tathastu)
- Best Sound – Uttam Neupane (Mukhauta)
- Kusume Ruma Commercial Success – Kohinoor
- MaHa Jury Award – Sudeep Singh Bhusal (Mala)
- Puskar Film Journalism Award – Bijaya Ratna Tuladhar
Update: WATCH ‘Kabaddi’ here, full movie.
A dark comedy, Nepali movie ‘Kabaddi’ is a movie by Ram Babu Gurung featuring Dayahang Rai, Nischal Basnet, and Rishma Gurung in lead roles. Other actors in the movie include Rajan Khatiwada, Bijay Baral, and Buddhi Tamang. The presentation of Black Horse Pictures, the movie is made on the story, screenplay and the direction of Ram Babu Gurung. Cinematographer Purushottam Pradhan has shot the movie, Govinda Rai was the choreographer and Neelima Sharma had designed the costume. The movie is jointly produced by Nischal Basnet and Sunil Chand Rauniyar.
‘Kabaddi’ is a story of Bir Kaji (Dayahang Rai) who lives in a village named Naurikot. Most of the young guys of Naurikot have already left for foreign employments and most of those who are left are also planning to leave the place. Kaji in contrast is aimless in such terms. All he wants is to get married to his maternal cousin Maiya (Rishma Gurung). Maiya however runs away from every romantic advances of Kaji. Kaji’s friends (played by Bijaya Baral and Buddhi Tamang) back Kaji in every tactics he applies to get Maiya’s approval.