Nepali Movie – Lootera
Starring – Nikhil Upreti, Nisha Adhikari, Sabin Shrestha, Harshika Shrestha, Priyanka Karki, Anubhav Regmi etc.
Director – Dayaram Dahal
A presentation of Shree Gaanesh Films by Gopal Kayastha, Nepali movie ‘Lootera’ is the second movie of Nikhil Upreti after his comeback in ‘Bhairav’. Both ‘Bhairav’ and ‘Lootera’ were successful and these two movies are credited for the successful comeback of Nikhil Upreti in Nepali film industry. ‘Lootera’ was released on November 13, 2015.
The script of the movie ‘Lootera’ is written by Maunata Shrestha, cinematography of Shiva Dhakal, music of Basanta Sapkota, action of Himal KC, choreography of Kabiraj Gahatraj, Ramji Lamichhane, and Raju Shah. The movie features the editing of Banish Shah.
Watch ‘Lootera’, Nepali full movie:
After living three months in the USA, actress Nisha Adhikari, has returned back to Nepal. Nisha had left Nepal amidst rumor of her breakup and wasn’t expected to return back so soon. Nisha however had reticulated the break up rumors and had told that it was only a vacation tour. Proving herself right, Nisha has returned back on September 23, 2015. She seems to have timed the return to Nepal such that she could promote her upcoming movie ‘Lootera’ before it goes in theater on November 13. The movie featuring Nikhil Upreti is an awaited movie after the success of his comeback movie ‘Bhairav’.
Nisha shared the following photo of herself with her brother Anush Adhikari at the departure area in the airport:
Nisha wrote, “Home is where my family is. Traveling from one home to another. Thank you for being there dada.” She has indicated that she is excited to come back to the country with new constitution. Nepal has adopted the new constitution earlier this week.
UPDATE (November 17) – ‘Jaun Hinda Pokhara’ release date November 20 and ‘Adha Page’ date December 25 added.
Nepali year 2072 BS started on Tuesday, Baisaksh 1 (April 14, 2015). No new Nepali movies were released on the first Friday of the new year, on April 17. On the second week, April 24 new movie ‘Resham Filili’ was released and previously released film ‘Jhola’ was also re-released. On the very next day, devastating earthquake hit Nepal and and halted all the film activities for the next few months.
The earthquake was the reason behind no new film release for three months from April to July.
Full movie release calendar of 2072:
- April 24 (Baisakh 11) – Resham Filili and Jhola (re-release) – Read release news
- April 25 – (7.8 M Earthquake halted all film activities till July)
- July 3 (Ashad 17) – One Side Love (‘One Side Love’ release news)
- July 10 (Ashad 25) – Jungbhumi (‘Jungbhumi’ release news)
- July 17 –
- July 24 –
- July 31 (Shrawan 15) – Paap (‘Paap’ release news)
- August 7 (Shrawan 22) – Sapana Timro Mero (‘Sapana Timro Mero’ release news)
- August 14 – (no new releases)
- August 21 (Bhadra 4) – Hostel Returns (movie release news)
- August 28 (Bhadra 11) – Resham Filili and Bhairav (2 movies) (release news) (release news)
- September 4 –
- September 11 (Bhadra 25) – Luv Sab, Dhoon,
Jaun Hida Pokhara (2 movies)
- September 18 (Ashoj 1) – Woda Number 6 (release news)
- September 25 (Ashoj 8) – Kaamchor, Chankhe Shankhe Pnakhe, Highway to Dhumpus, Bhale Fight (4 movies release news)
- October 2 – Woda Number Chha (out of Kathmandu – report)
- October 9 (Ashoj 22) – Natiza (‘Natiza’ release news report)
- October 16 –
- October 20 (Kartik 3) –
Adhakatti (in theaters out of Kathmandu), Sushri
- October 23 (Kartik 6) – Adhakatti,
Chankhe Shankhe Pankhe, Paradeshi and Thamel dot com (5 movies including Sushri – release news) – 4 movies releasing on Fulpati.
- October 30 –
- November 6 (Kartik 20) – Bindaas 3, Naagarik (2 movies) (Bindaas 3 release news)
- November 13 (Kartik 27) – Lootera
- November 20 (Mangsir 4) – Kabaddi Kabaddi, Jaun Hinda Pokhara
- November 27 –
- December 4 – (Mangsir 18) – Chocolate
- December 11 – (Mangsir 25) – Lati, Agni,
- December 18 –
- December 25 (Poush 10) – Dhauli, Adha Page, Tista Pariko Saino (release news)
- January 1 – (Poush 17) – Bich Bato, Sneha, Dhauli (in Kathmandu) (release news)
- January 8 – Bagmati
- January 15 (Magh 1) – Fanko, Kafal Pakyo (2 films) – release news
- January 22 – Chhal – release news
- January 29 (Magh 15)- Pashupati Prasad, Refuge (release news)
- February 5 (Magh 22) – Kaifiyat, Superhit, Bindaas 3 (release news)
- February 12 (Magh 29) – Classic, Prem Geet, Chalechha Batas Sustari (3 movies – release news)
- February 19 (Falgun 7) – Fagu, Ko Afno, Soldier (‘Ko Afno’ release news) | Release news
- February 26 –
Khurpa (Khurpa release news)
- March 4 (Falgun 21) – Fulai Fulko Mausam Timilai, Dreams (‘Fulai Fulko Mausam Timilai’ release news |‘Dreams’ release news)
- March 11 –
- March 18 –
Bhaag Saani Bhaag and Lakshya (release news)
- March 25 –
- April 1 – Makhamali
- April 8 (Chaitra 26) – Nai Nabhannu La 4, Rampyari (news about 6 movies releasing on same day.)
Nepali movie industry is a very strange type of industry. In our film industry, most of the business logics fail economic has the least effect on film making. Because of the lack of professionalism in the industry, personal ego and social status are considered more important than the economic viability of the movie. The announcement of 6 movies on the same day, at the end of the year, can considered one of such examples.
On the last Friday of the year 2072 BS, on Chaitra 26 (April 8, 2016), six different movie makers have announced the release date of their movies. It is interesting that five out of the six movies are yet to go to the floor yet. The movies are:
Out of these movies, only the movie ‘Lootera’ has completed its shooting. The movie featuring Nikhil Upreti was previously announced to be released in Tihar but now the release date has been delayed by 5 months. The crew and artists of some of the movies are yet to be determined.
The release date of the movie on floor ‘Lootera’ has been announced even before the shooting has completed. The release is scheduled for August 28, 2015. The movie produced by the distributor and theater owner, Gopal Kayastha, is scheduled to release on the occasion of Janai Purnima festival.
Known to be a successful distributor, Gopal says that he is going to be a successful producer with ‘Lootera’. The shooting of the movie featuring Nikhil Upreti in leading role has reportedly delayed the release of his movie ‘Bhairav’. The movie was initially scheduled to release on April 1 has been delayed because the producer Nikhil is too busy in the shooting and hasn’t found time to promote the movie before the release.
The role of actor Nikhil Upreti in the movie on floor, ‘Lootera’ is that of a don. The getup seen in the shooting photos is different from his roles in other movies. Nikhil has made sure that the style and getup of ‘Lootera’ doesn’t match to that of his upcoming release ‘Bhairav’.
‘Lootera’ is being jointly produced by Basanta Kumar Shrestha and Gopal kayastha. With Nikhil artists Nisha Adhikari, Harshika Shrestha and Sabin Shrestha are also featured in leading roles in the movie. After the completion of the shooting of the movie in Kathamndu in a few days, the film crew is moving to Birgunj for the remaining shooting.
After 8 years, actress Rekha Thapa is going to be featured opposite to Nikhil Upreti in upcoming movie ‘Lootera’. The movie to be produced by the distributor, Gopal Kayastha, will be directed by Shabir Shrestha. Although Nikhil and Rekha have agreed to work together verbally, they are yet to sign a contract.
Nikhil and Rekha had shared screen in a number of hit movies like ‘Ae Pandit Baje’ (watch Ae Pandit Baje) ‘Dhadkan’, ‘Nikhil Dai’, Pale Dai (watch Pale Dai), Karmayoddha, Barmala (watch Barmala), and Dobato. The relationship had however soured in the last few years. Gopal Kayastha has played a role in bringing Rekha and Nikhil together again.
It is to be seen if they will still charm the Nepali audience. There was a report of Rekha Thapa to be featured as an item girl in an Nikhil’s film ‘Bharirav’ the progress however is not known.