The Nepali movie ‘Chankhe Shankha Pankhe’ was released in theater on September 25, 2015. The movie featuring Sudarshan Thapa in leading role is also produced and directed by himself with producer Santosh Sen Thakuri. The movie was previously scheduled to release on May 15. But, because of April 25 earthquake, the release date was postponed. The movie was highly promoted in various avenues including some Indian websites.
Four new movies are being released in theaters in Nepal today – on Friday, September 25, 2015. All the four movies ‘Chankhe Shankeh Pankhe’, Hollywood movie ‘Highway to Dhumpus’, ‘Kaamchor’ and ‘Bhale Fight’ are considered awaited movies.
Details of the each movies releasing today:
Chankhe Shankhe Pankhe
The movie by director Sudarshan Thapa also features him in leading role in the movie. With Sudarshan, Subash Thapa, Prem Puri, Pooja Sharma, Nandita KC, Rajaram Poudel, Ramchandra Adhikari, Rabindra Khadka and others are featured in the movie. The movie also features well known theater actors Pramod Agrahari and Rabindra Jha.
This year, Dashain has become crowded by the new releases. In a latest report Aryan Sigdel and Ashika Tamang starred ‘Sushri’ is going to be released in Dashain. Four other movies previously announced their release in Dashain include ‘Thamel Dot Com’, ‘Adhakatti’, ‘Chankhe Shankhe Pankhe’ and ‘Pardeshi’.
Model Ashika Tamang, debuting in female-centric movie ‘Sushri’, is known for her looks similar to the Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie. Ashika is featured in action role in the movie. With Aryan and Ashika the movie also features Surbina Karki, Rajaram Poudel, Bikash Chapagain and Mishri Thapa in main roles.
Details of the other movies competing with ‘Sushri’ are as follows:
UPDATE (November 17) – ‘Jaun Hinda Pokhara’ release date November 20 and ‘Adha Page’ date December 25 added.
Nepali year 2072 BS started on Tuesday, Baisaksh 1 (April 14, 2015). No new Nepali movies were released on the first Friday of the new year, on April 17. On the second week, April 24 new movie ‘Resham Filili’ was released and previously released film ‘Jhola’ was also re-released. On the very next day, devastating earthquake hit Nepal and and halted all the film activities for the next few months.
The earthquake was the reason behind no new film release for three months from April to July.
Full movie release calendar of 2072:
- April 24 (Baisakh 11) – Resham Filili and Jhola (re-release) – Read release news
- April 25 – (7.8 M Earthquake halted all film activities till July)
- July 3 (Ashad 17) – One Side Love (‘One Side Love’ release news)
- July 10 (Ashad 25) – Jungbhumi (‘Jungbhumi’ release news)
- July 17 –
- July 24 –
- July 31 (Shrawan 15) – Paap (‘Paap’ release news)
- August 7 (Shrawan 22) – Sapana Timro Mero (‘Sapana Timro Mero’ release news)
- August 14 – (no new releases)
- August 21 (Bhadra 4) – Hostel Returns (movie release news)
- August 28 (Bhadra 11) – Resham Filili and Bhairav (2 movies) (release news) (release news)
- September 4 –
- September 11 (Bhadra 25) – Luv Sab, Dhoon,
Jaun Hida Pokhara(2 movies)
- September 18 (Ashoj 1) – Woda Number 6 (release news)
- September 25 (Ashoj 8) – Kaamchor, Chankhe Shankhe Pnakhe, Highway to Dhumpus, Bhale Fight (4 movies release news)
- October 2 – Woda Number Chha (out of Kathmandu – report)
- October 9 (Ashoj 22) – Natiza (‘Natiza’ release news report)
- October 16 –
- October 20 (Kartik 3) –
Adhakatti (in theaters out of Kathmandu), Sushri
- October 23 (Kartik 6) – Adhakatti,
Chankhe Shankhe Pankhe,Paradeshi and Thamel dot com (5 movies including Sushri – release news) – 4 movies releasing on Fulpati.
- October 30 –
- November 6 (Kartik 20) – Bindaas 3, Naagarik (2 movies) (Bindaas 3 release news)
- November 13 (Kartik 27) – Lootera
- November 20 (Mangsir 4) – Kabaddi Kabaddi, Jaun Hinda Pokhara
- November 27 –
- December 4 – (Mangsir 18) – Chocolate
- December 11 – (Mangsir 25) – Lati, Agni,
- December 18 –
- December 25 (Poush 10) – Dhauli, Adha Page, Tista Pariko Saino (release news)
- January 1 – (Poush 17) – Bich Bato, Sneha, Dhauli (in Kathmandu) (release news)
- January 8 – Bagmati
- January 15 (Magh 1) – Fanko, Kafal Pakyo (2 films) – release news
- January 22 – Chhal – release news
- January 29 (Magh 15)- Pashupati Prasad, Refuge (release news)
- February 5 (Magh 22) – Kaifiyat, Superhit, Bindaas 3 (release news)
- February 12 (Magh 29) – Classic, Prem Geet, Chalechha Batas Sustari (3 movies – release news)
- February 19 (Falgun 7) – Fagu, Ko Afno, Soldier (‘Ko Afno’ release news) | Release news
- February 26 –
- March 4 (Falgun 21) – Fulai Fulko Mausam Timilai, Dreams (‘Fulai Fulko Mausam Timilai’ release news |‘Dreams’ release news)
- March 11 –
- March 18 –
- March 25 –
- April 1 – Makhamali
- April 8 (Chaitra 26) – Nai Nabhannu La 4, Rampyari (news about 6 movies releasing on same day.)
Khurpa (Khurpa release news)
Bhaag Saani Bhaag and Lakshya (release news)
The release date of the movie directed by Subrat Acharya, ‘Adhakatti’ has been announced by the producer Pradeep K Uday. The movie will release on October 23 (Kartik 6) in Kathmandu and on October 20 (Kartik 3) in theaters out of Kathmandu. Various charity shows of the movie were held in Nepal and out of country recently. The item song of the movie ‘Timro Figure Coke Cola” had been quite popular among the public.
‘Adhakatti’ is a comedy movie featuring Ashishma Nakarmi, Rista Basnet, Gaurav Pahadi, Gajit Bista, Wilson Bikram Rai and Pradeep Bastola in main roles. Actress Namrata Shrestha is also featured in a special role in the movie. ‘Adhakatti’ was previously scheduled to release on May 22, on the birthday of Pradeep K Uday.
The ‘Chankhe Shankhe Pankhe’ film unit was on its way to take earthquake relief materials to Selang Bari of Sindhupalanchowk, the birthplace of director Nischal Basnet. But, the locals in Bhote Selang, about one kilometer before the destination have snatched all of it. Although they were also the earthquake victims, the film unit has expressed its sadness on being unable to reach the destination.
According to the film director Sudarshan Thapa, Bhote Selang has about 30 houses and the government had distributed about 20 sacks of rice before their materials were snatched by the residents. The locals had mistakenly thought the film unit’s material was the government assistance. Sudarshan has told that they had relief materials costing around Rs. 400,000.
Because of the devastating earthquake of April 25 a number of movies scheduled to release in coming days have been postponed.
The movies postponed are:
- Resham Filili – The movie released on April 24 had to halt the show on the next day. The next release date is not decided yet.
- Hostel Returns – The ‘Hostel Returns’ producer Sunil Rawal is going to organize a press meet this Friday to announce the new release date.
- Highway To Dhampus – A Hollywood film of Raj Ballav Koirala, scheduled to release on Jestha 29 has announced to donate "the budgeted amounts intended for its promotion to the relief efforts."
- The Jestha 1 release movie ‘Chankhe Shankhe Pankhe’ has also been postponed.
- The release of this Friday’s release ‘Cycle’, ‘Dhoon’ and ‘Janmabhoomi’ are also uncertain.
To participate in the premier show of ‘Chankhe Shankhe Pankhe’ on April 17, the film production team has arrived in Bahrain on April 16. The team comprising of the actress Pooja Sharma, producer Santosh Sen, and the director Sudarshan Thapa.
The movie told to be the most costly movie to make in 2071 BS, will be released in Nepal on May 15. The Censor Board has awarded PG certificate to the movie.
Here are the songs of upcoming new movie ‘Chankhe Shankhe Pankhe’. The first movie of Asusen Films, is produced by Sontesh Sen. The movie is directed by Sudarshan Thapa. Sudarshan is known for his directing some successful movies like ‘Mero Euta Sathi Chha’ (click to watch ‘Mero Euta Sathi Chha’), Madhumash (click here to watch ‘Madhumash’), Dhanda (click here to watch ‘Dhanda’).
The movie features well known actors like Subash Thapa, Sudarshan Thapa, Prem Puri, Pooja Sharma and Nandita KC. The movie is written by Ramsharan pathak. ‘Chankhe Shankhe Pankhe’ is scheduled to release on May 15, 2015 (Jestha 1, 2072) and is going to be premiered in Bahrain on April 17.
Actor, producer and director Sudarshan Thapa has announced the production of two new Nepali movies in association with his partner Santosh Sen in a press meet organized in Kathmandu on April 2, 2015. The movie titled ‘Premgeet’ is a romantic love story movie featuring actress Pooja Sharma in leading role. Another movie titled ‘Meera’ will feature a new face in the leading role.
‘Chankeh Sankhe Pankhe’ trailer release
The announcement was made at the event organized to release the trailer of upcoming movie ‘Chankeh Sankhe Pankhe’. The artists of the film, Nepali film industry personalities and journalists were invited in the event. The shooting of the new movies will start after two months of the release of ‘Chankeh Sankhe Pankhe’. The movie is releasing on Jestha 1 (May 15, 2015).
The production team of ‘Chankhe Shankhe Pankhe’ have announced the release date of the movie for Jestha 1 (May 15, 2015).
Before the release in Nepal, the team will take the movie to premier in Bahrain on April 17. In addition to that, a charity show of the movie will also be held in Syangja.